POLLY

"Potter do something.Tell them i mean no harm"
"I'm sorry professor but I must tell no lies"
  -Harry Potter-

      I run from the hotel as fast as I could. What the hell happened? I'm trembling as I hail a cab telling the cab driver my address.
I couldn't stay near Damon. When I left the bathroom I only wanted to ask him if I could borrow his phone since mine got socked from the rain. But seeing him with that loose tie and Shirt rolled up his sleeves,He looked so hot standing by the counter,deep in thought. And when his eyes met me as he slowly looking me up,I felt his stare burn onto my skin and i was suddenly very aware of the sexual tension we've both been avoiding for weeks. When he kissed me God that irritating voice in my head just yelled at me

    Could it be so bad to just lose yourself to that handsome man.Just once?

   And I did just that.Just thinking about it makes me blush with embarrassment. What if I'd let it go on from there?What if.. no. hell no.I didn't like where my thoughts were leading me.
    I pay and tip the cab driver and hurry to my apartment..

                          ***
As soon as I walk into the apartment I hear two gasps from my left. Sasha is clutching a bowl filled with Cocoa pops. And Christy was sitting on the sofa gaping at me.
  "What?"I looked at them in question."what happened to you?"Sasha gives me a once over.Then she gasps even louder,"why you little slut!You just got fucked didn't you?Who was it"Sasha smirks knowingly. I mutter a quick"you're imagining things"as I leave them in the living room to change from my wet muddy clothes. Predictably, they follow me.
       "Where's Olive?" Trying to steer the conversation away from me.
      "Oh no missy you are not changing the subject."Christy glares at me and
I sigh,"what gave it a?"at this point,I should know better than to hide stuff from them."Well you were doing the walk of shame and you're practically glowing, except the clothes of course" Sasha winces while saying the last part. I look at Christy who just shrugs.
       I change into my pajama bottoms and a baggy old NYU shirt that Mark left behind. Why am I still keeping it you ask?well it's comfy and hell nothing is more important to me than my beauty sleep. Not even my pride.
      "Tell Us Everything"they squeal and squeeze me between them as I tell them what happened.
                          ***

          I arrive in Alabama and Knock on Jack's door. Its his birthday and I was suppose to babysit Daisy so I brought her along.Jack opens the door with a wide grin.
          "Hello daughter of mine" He always called me his daughter. He was more of a father to me than my own ever was and I loved him fiercely,"Happy birthday!"I hand him his wrapped gift. He smiles bigger and hugs me,"Thanks pumpkin"
          He looks over at Daisy who stares at him the way kids do if they are studying you. Daisy was an inquisitive little girl. Sometimes I wondered if that's why her parents never liked her around. Did I mention how much I hated them?"hello princess"Jack bends down to greet Daisy. Hearing the nickname,Daisy perks up,"Hello,are you Polly's Papa? you're tall,Is it your birthday?are you married?..."
           Jack laughs at Daisy's questions but answers each question with a smile. Jack's wife died when she was having their first baby, they both didn't make it. Jack says he's moved on  but there were times that I wondered if he was lonely.
         Jack opens the door wider and we enter what appears to be the living room. I can't tell because it's stuffed with decorations and every neighbor from the area is either drinking, grinding on each other or passed out.
           "Geez Jack seems like we missed the party huh"I raise a brow at him. He just rubs his hand at the back of his his head sheepishly and shrugs,"I left you some cake" I laugh at this.
           We step out of the house  and sit on the porch.Jack introduces Daisy to Griffin, Jack's dog. We let them play in the yard while we talk. Honestly,I needed this.
     "Muffin,something wrong?" Jack asks suddenly.
I sigh,"well not really"
"Is it Mark" Jack's blank face gives nothing away.
"What?No,we broke up months ago"
"Good for you. I never liked the boy anyway"He grins.
"What?But I remember asking if you approved"I laugh at his guilty look.
     "Well I respected your decision. But I didn't like the way he changed you"Jack stares off as if remembering.
  "Changed me?"
He nods his head,"Before Mark,you made your own decisions and you were very happy but once Mark was in the picture,you second guessed yourself and became self conscious, I didn't like it."
I didn't know what to say. Whether to her to tell him I'm still self-conscious or lie that I'm ok.
  Jack runs his hands through his salt and pepper hair,"Who is it?"
     I decide to play coy,"Who is what?"
  "I'm not stupid Polly. I might be getting old but I know what falling for someone looks like"
    I blinked rapidly. Falling in love?No it couldn't be. Does thinking about someone every minute of the day count as falling in love?no I didn't think so. The sexual chemistry was undeniable but Love?No I'm not interested in any relationship . Now or Ever.
     I tell Jack about Damon and the confusion I'm feeling. He just chuckles and shakes his head.
    "What?"I ask Jack feeling frustrated all of a sudden.
      "You finally found someone as stubborn as you. And that's saying something considering you're the most stubborn person I know. You like him don't you?You don't want to like him but you do"
I open my mouth to deny it but I find myself agreeing.
        "My dear don't deny yourself a chance of happiness because of your past or what that douche Mark did. If you do that, you'll realise too late what you've lost"he shakes his head sadly,"Do you know that Martha wanted children as soon as we got Married?But I asked her to wait. And there's not a day that goes by that.."his voice cracks slightly at the end. He clears his throat,"well then, you get my point don't you hunny.Now off you go. Grab the cake in the fridge and take that little cupcake back home"He gets up from the chair and points at Daisy who is now pulling old Griffin's ears.
"Besides I need to be the perfect host for my own party."we both laugh at this.
       I leave Jack's home with more questions than I ever had. Daisy starts getting drowsy so I had to get her back home.