Chapter Two

Tessa exits the Range Rover, entering the Flores Pequeñas building where the Mayans use it as a front to prepare Galindo's dope and move it accordingly. No one looks at her, making her way toward the back where Miguel asked to meet. Sliding the door back behind her, Tessa sighs at the sight before her.

A shirtless man with his hands tied behind him, sitting on a bench as Miguel presses him for information. She looks around, seeing Nestor stirring something in a pot as he motions for her to come over. She stands next to him, eyeing the oil in the pot as it grows hotter and hotter with each passing second. She knows what it's going to be used for.

"Did you see the video?" He asks, looking down at her.

"Si." She nods toward the bound man, "What's he got to do with this?"

"His food truck music is playing in the background. He had to of seen something." Nestor explains.

He looks down at her as she stares forward, emotionless. He's always admired her, the way she dresses and handles herself. Even now, wearing a see-through shirt that exposes her tattoos and slender figure. She folds her arms over her chest, feeling Nestor's eyes on her once again.

"Never gonna happen Ness." She reminds him, walking over to Miguel with her hands now in her pockets.

As she reaches him, the door slides open again, revealing the Mayans. Tessa pauses for a moment, catching both her brothers walking through the door. She turns to Miguel with her brow raised, silently telling him she isn't impressed. He chuckles for a moment, before turning back to the bound man.

"Como puedes ver la hoguera y no a las personas que te rodean?" Miguel snarls, walking behind Tessa as he stands closer to the man.

How could you see the bonfire and not the people around it?

"Siempre hay gente," The man begins, inhaling a deep breath before continuing. "Siempre dispara...Nunca me doy cuenta de quien."

There is always people. Always people. I never notice who.

Miguel glances as Tessa, who is trying to ignore the M.C that walks up behind her. He gestures toward her, Tessa moving forward to show the piece of paper the Rebels have printed throughout the streets of Santo Padre.

"Supongo que has visto esto?" Tessa tunes out, as she can feel eyes burning holes into the side of her head.

I guess you have seen this?

Moving back as Miguel realises he's finally got something, she catches Bishop's confused eyes before she stares ahead again. She was the last person he expected to be here, especially for Angel and Ezekiel, who she hasn't seen yet. EZ almost didn't believe that his big sister was back in town, but as he stares at her now, he knows it's her.

Miguel looks back at Nestor, who lifts the pot off the stove. He then turns to Tessa, walking over to the Mayans who stand there, confused as to why there are there. "What is this?" Tessa recognises Marcus Alvarez's voice instantly, turning to see him look back at her.

He didn't realise she was back home. Miguel explains the video with the food truck sound in the back, as Nestor says something and pours the oil onto the man. He screams instantly, the smell of his burning flesh filling the room. Tessa turns to Miguel, shooting him a questioning look, was that necessary?

He nods, reading her expression as though she said the words to him herself. The Mayans look away, Angel closing his eyes as the screams never leave his ears. "What the fuck man." Bishop turns to Miguel, though he is short, he isn't afraid of the Galindo King in front of him. "There a reason why you got us watching this shit?"

Miguel explodes, yelling at Bishop who just stares at him blankly. Tessa catches EZ whisper something into Angel's ear, and unfortunately so does Miguel. "There something you wanna say?"

Tessa glares at her brothers, telling EZ to shut the fuck up. He doesn't pay attention to her,

"I said, maybe if you didn't treat them like greasy fucking peasants, you'd still have your son." Miguel steps forward, glaring at EZ.

Nestor follows, Bishop standing in front of him, daring him to do something. Tessa moves between Miguel and her brother, placing a hand on Miguel. She can see the fury in his eyes, already worked up from the burnt man a few metres away.

"Miguel." Her voice brings out of his murderous thoughts, staring down at her. He remembers the Prospect is her little brother, which pays well in his favour. "I'll deal with him." She turns to EZ, clenching her jaw as her little brother says nothing.

Angel, however, is glaring daggers at Tessa's hand on Miguel. He doesn't know what their relationship is like and doesn't care that he's married. He just wants his little sister away from him. His blood boils when he sees Miguel stand down, just from his little sister. Angel has seen his men have to drag him away, and it took a lot to calm him down.

Miguel gestures to his man at the back, who nods in understanding and unlocks a door, pulling a boy out. Tessa tenses, knowing this is going to end very badly. Everyone stands apart, breathing in their air as the boy is thrust in front of his father, his shirt ripped off. The papá starts to cry out for his son, begging Miguel not to hurt his boy.

Suddenly Angel calls out, stopping the boy from suffering the same fate as his papá. "That was Dogwood, they found the station wagon." Nestor stops, looking at him as Miguel demands to know where. "Near the dog shelter, over by the canal."

Bishop nods, his eyes having never left Tessa once she put herself between fuelled up men. He manages to hold Miguel off from torturing the child, knowing Miguel will go to whatever extent is needed to get his son back. Bishop would do the same, excluding the harming of children.

Miguel looks to Nestor and Tessa, "Go with them," Tessa leaves before he can finish his sentence. She follows the Mayans out, ignoring their stares as she gets into her Range Rover and races over to the place where the station wagon that Cristobal was taken in, is dumped.

Parking her car on the side of the road, Tessa makes her way over to the station wagon. Before she can start searching, the rumble of bikes come in view. She breathes heavily out of her nose, raising a brow to EZ as he gets off his Harley. "You got a fucking death wish or something?"

"Good to see you too Tess." EZ brushes past her joining the rest of the Mayans as they get to work on the car.

Tessa rolls her eyes, walking over to Nestor as he stands on the phone to Miguel. Ending the call, he approaches her, "Dog shelter." He slides into his Cadillac, giving the driver instructions.

Nodding, she gets into her car, following Nestor who speeds away. Behind her, the Mayans rush onto their bikes, figuring out where Tessa is going. Nestor enters the building first, Tessa moving to walk along the outskirts to find anything. She eventually finds nothing and heads through the back door, raising her brows as the Mayans and Cartel have each other locked in a brawl.

She stands next to Alvarez, who watches with amusement. He smiles at her, "Hello asesina."

Killer.

Tessa returns the smile, chuckling at the name he uses for her. "Hola anciano." Alvarez just shakes his head, watching as Bishop knocks Nestor into the door frame, the two staring at each other.

Hello old man.

"This was overdue." Alvarez glances at Tessa, as even she could feel the tension between the Cartel and Mayans, especially Nestor and Bishop.

"Yes, it was." Nestor agrees, looking at the scene in front of him.

Bishop breathes heavily, "Give them a few more minutes." Nestor nods, smiling as Bishop spits onto the ground and walks toward Tessa. As he approaches, he notices a gun poking out of her high waisted pants, only just visible as her hands are tucked into the pockets.

Tessa holds his stare, standing at his height with her heel boots on. Before he reaches her, she turns and walks out, phone to her ear as she gets into the Range Rover. She leaves Bishop standing at his bike, watching the Reyes sister drive away in such a way, it has him curious to know more about her.