Chapter Five

Leaning against someone's car, Tessa narrows her eyes at the man inside. He's supposed to be in Oakland, so why is he all the way in Arizona? She makes a reminder to talk to Alvarez about that. Tapping her foot subconsciously on the pavement, Tessa smirks as Marilyn finally walks outside to have his much-needed smoke break.

The moment the door swings closed, it is locked behind him. Marilyn glances up, pausing at the sight of Tessa. Cursing under his breath, he looks back at the doors as he realises what is about to happen. He knew she would come stalking, he just hoped it would be when his new security guards were with him. He made the mistake of giving them this evening off.

"Fancy seeing you here." Tessa taunts, moving closer to him.

"The fuck do you want?" Marilyn spits, glancing around him for any possible exits.

The corners of Tessa's lips turn up in a calculated smile, her eyes darkening as she itches to just end him here and now. But she knows she can't, not with so many witnesses and being in a public area. His ultimate demise will have to wait, but that doesn't mean she can't play around.

"Received a very upsetting phone call this morning."

"Stupid bitch." Marilyn curses, preparing himself for what's about to happen next.

In a flash, Tessa closes the short distance between the two and lands a punch directly under Marilyn's eye socket. He stumbles back into the glass doors, leaning on them for support. As Tessa moves in, Marilyn bunches his muscles and launches off the doors, wrapping his arms around Tessa's waist as he tackles her to the ground.

Tessa grunts as her back slams against the concrete, the air knocked out of her as Marilyn crushes her. He moves to straddle her, wrapping a hand around her throat in an attempt to suffocate her. Just because she won't kill him now, doesn't mean he can't. Tessa curses to herself in realisation, squirming her body around to align her knee with Marilny's soft spot.

Bring her leg up, Marilyn doubles over in pain as Tessa pushes him off her. Catching her breath, Tessa comes to a stand as Marilyn tries to sit on his knees. Tessa walks over to him, kicking his stomach and sending him on his back form the force.

"How the fuck could you lay a hand on Anita!" Tessa shouts, driving her foot into his ribs again.

She circles him as he stifles a cough. He slowly stands, clutching his side as he glowers at her, blood dripping down his cheek from her previous hit. His breath is ragged, most liekly from her breaking a rib.

"She's my daughter and I'll do whatever the fuck I want with her." Marilyn sneers.

Tessa sees red, running at him and side kicking him in the stomach. Marilyn flies back, his head hitting the ground as his neck whips back. The moment he lands, Tessa is on him. Her fist collides with his face, blood bursting from his nose. She can't stop, hit after hit she watches as his face becomes beaten and bloody, his eyes closing.

Before she can land another hit, someone grabs her arm and hauls her off his unconscious body. Tessa pulls herself out of the Casino guards grip, sending him a glare. "Not here." He reminds her, as people look from inside the windows at the commotion.

Her chest heaves as she tries to calm her breathing, cursing to herself at the sight of the Mayans. Bishop watches her intently, as her fists are bruised and split, her neck red and slightly purple. He doesn't understand the severity situation, but the unconscious man must have deserved it. He also must have been responsible for the phone call this morning.

Locking eyes with Bishop, Tessa turns the Casino guards. "Get him the fuck out of here." She says nothing more, brushing past them and heading inside the doors.