Chapter Seven

"We got to find out who these guys are," Alvarez speaks up, pulling Bishop from his thoughts. "It's not just the feds, the last thing we want to do is complicate shit with Galindo. Another player, that's bad."

Bishop brings his hand up to play with his moustache. Though he looks like he's paying attention, his mind is elsewhere. It's been a couple of days since he last saw Tessa, both of them still angry at each other, or maybe they're just sexually frustrated.

"I'll call Tessa, you'll want her with you."

Hearing her name, Bishop sits upright. "No." Everyone turns to look at Bishop in confusion, only a few days ago he was all over her. Angel nods his head with Bishop, agreeing. He doesn't want his little sister more involved with club shit than she has to be, let alone be at the front of violence. He doesn't exactly understand what her job for Galindo was.

"Primo-" Alvarez starts, Bishop cutting him off.

"This is club shit, and I don't want her anywhere near it. She doesn't need more blood on her hands."

Alvarez stares at Bishop, squinting his eyes as he flicks his cigarette. Since Bishop came to the clubhouse a couple of days ago, steam blowing out his ears, he's been cranky and restless. Tessa has also stopped coming around, but when he saw her yesterday with Emily, she was rigid and tense.

He can only assume something has happened between the two, and they need to sort it out, for everyone's sake. As everyone begins to file out of Temple, Alvarez stays.

"What happened?"

Bishop clenches his jaw. "Nothing. Why, what the fuck did she tell you?"

As much as he was still pissed off at her, Bishop just wanted to see her again. He heard Angel mention something about her being distant and more explosive than usual as they have their family gatherings.

Alvarez sighs, tilting his head. "She's coming tonight." He stands, pointing to his primo. "You two need to sort this shit out, now."

Tessa stands behind her car, loading up her guns and preparing them for the next couple of hours. She hears the boy's exit Vicki's, as she explains the best possible entry onto this Alice's property. Angel walks up behind Tessa, raising his brows at her boot full of guns.

"Jesus Tess, what you doing carrying this much firepower?" He looks back to EZ, who shrugs. Tessa turns, giving him a pointed look.

As Angel looks at her, he realises how much shorter she is. Then he notices her shoes replaced with boots, instead of heels. Feeling her big brother protectiveness hovering over her shoulder, as she begins to armour herself, she sighs deeply.

"Angel, I know what I'm doing. So stay the fuck out of my way." She looks between her brothers, her usual bright brown eyes, darkening as she turns emotionless. Tonight's going to get bloody, and she knows her brothers will try to protect her.

Taza whistles, catching the Reyes siblings attention. Tessa places the blanket back over her the guns, closing the boot before following the Mayans into the darkness.

The whole way there, Bishop can't help but feel his stomach churn at Tessa's presence. He has to admit, watching her carry a gun and walk with precise silence, is hot. He can't wait to see her in action. As they climb up a hill, they pause.

"You keeps eyes on the front. I'll take the rear." Bishop tells Taza, his group splitting off.

Tessa reluctantly follows Bishop's group, pausing as she observes the house. It's quiet, too quiet. She scoffs as Bishop suggests the house may be empty. He scowls, ignoring her. "Maybe we should ring the doorbell," EZ suggests, Tessa chuckling.