Chapter Twenty

Tessa hands Emily the crowbar. "I need you to do the big work Em. Get them down so I can kill them and get us out of here." She knows how hard this must be for Emily, having to cross into Miguel's world, but this is about survival. Kill or be killed.

Emily wraps an arm around Tessa as she guides her toward the door, careful not to trip over anything. Tessa weakly pulls the handle down, grimacing as she tries to open the door quietly. In front of them, is the back of a guard, completely unaware of his demise.

Tessa leans against the doorframe as Emily shakily picks up the crowbar, swinging it against his head without a trace of hesitation. She wants to go home. Tessa limps forward as quick as possible, stabbing her knife into his throat as the guard fell to his knees. Blood gurgles, his hands instinctively reaching up to his neck.

Grunting from the burn at her stomach, Tessa retracts the blade as his body falls, leaning onto Emily for support as they make their way toward the exit. Before she left the body, Tessa had Emily retrieve his gun, making her even more dangerous. As they near a large barn door, Tessa knows there are more men outside, no doubt heavily armed.

"Em, I need you to make a noise over there," Tessa points to a couple of crates scattered around the loose metal scraps. "So we can draw some in. Once they come through this door, I'm going to take them out."

Emily nods, determination igniting in her eyes as she scampers off. Tessa breathes deeply, standing behind a large metal box, somewhere she can sniper the men that walk through without them able to have a clear shot at her.

The door opens, two men stepping inside to inspect the noise Emily created with the metal. Tessa pauses for a moment, to make sure no one else walks through before she starts shooting. That will create a commotion. Surely enough, the door slams shut behind them, as they have their guns aimed and trudge toward the crates.

Tessa releases a breath, firing two shots. The men fall dead, bullet holes in their head, brains were blown out. Holy shit, Emily thinks as she steps over the dead bodies. She's never seen Tessa in action before, and she is a dead shot. Tessa winces as she limps around the box, her legs still getting used to being used.

Emily's throat burns as vile threatens to rise from all the blood and violence. She can't help it, but she knows she can't be weak. She needs to get to safety first, then she can dwell on the past. Tessa scrunches her face as she explains to Emily that the shots would have been heard, meaning they have to be careful.

Before they can reach the door, it swings open. Tessa opens fire, killing the three men in front of her. Unfortunately, one of them clips her shoulder, rendering her even weaker. In the distance, Tessa sees Marilyn getting into a car, preparing to leave. "I don't fucking think so." She growls, limping out of the warehouse shaped building, adrenaline pumping through her.

Seeing the man who caused all this unnecessary grief, her blood boils, overriding the pain that courses through her. Gun aimed, Tessa shoots at the door and windshield, effectively stopping Marilyn from getting in the car. She has her gun raised as Emily follows suit, staying close behind. Tessa catches movement on the driver's side, twisting her body to shoot the driver.

She knows if it weren't for the adrenaline, she would have most certainly doubled over. Marilyn puts his hands up in surrender, stepping back from the car as Tessa closes in on him. "Where ya going, Marilyn?" She taunts.

"To find my daughter." He responds, eyeing the gun in his face.

"Tessa don't. Don't let him die this fucking easy." Emily spits, glowering at the man that had her shirt stripped from her. She knows Miguel would have seen the video that was sent to Bishop from Tessa's phone, she can only imagine the damage he wants to do to Marilyn.

Tessa squints, knowing she's right. Pulling the gun back, she smacks him across the head, looking down at his pathetic body. Emily opens the boot, heaving his body in the back as Tessa bounds his hands and feet. Climbing into the passenger seat, Tessa feels weird having Emily drive for once, as she speeds away from the warehouse.

The drive to Galindo's estate is long, having been kept in a farmhouse area just outside Santo Padre. Pulling into the driveway, Emily accelerates toward the house, the tyres screeching to a stop. Miguel hears his men rushing out, following them toward the front door. He almost falls to his knees at the sight of Emily scrambling out of the driver's seat, sprinting toward him.

He catches her, wrapping his arms around her as she buries her head into his neck, tears of joy streaming down her face. He clenches his jaw as Tessa limps out, clutching her stomach as the adrenaline wore off, leaving her to face the pain alone. She tries to smile, knowing she put Emily in that position, she didn't do her job as her protector.

Nestor wraps an arm around Tessa, leading her inside as Miguel orders the doctor. They lay her down, Miguel sitting beside her as Emily cuddles her son. "Miguel I'm-"

"Don't apologise. You've done nothing wrong, Tess, you brought my Emily home. You did your job." His voice strains as he tries not to let tears well up. He's so fucking thankful they're home, now he needs to tell Bishop.

"I need to go to Bishop." Tessa tries to sit up, ignoring the doctor.

"Let him fix you up first, then I'll take you."

"Marilyn, he's in the back. Take him to Floras Pequeñas and call me when he's awake." Tessa tells Miguel, who struggles to not go and kill him now. He can only nod back in response, as he guides Emily to have a shower and get comfortable.

Minutes later the doctor stitches Tessa up, the slice on her stomach not deep enough for surgery, thankfully. Her nose was realigned, allowing a bit of relief for her pounding head. Miguel helps Tessa to the car, lifting her in as she winces at every movement. Her heart pounds against her chest as Nestor drives to the clubhouse, Emily and Miguel back at home.

As they pull in, Taza and Hank stand outside, curious as to why Nestor is here. The breath is sucked out of them as Tessa falls out, gripping her stomach as she limps toward them. They rush over, embracing Tessa as she tries not to cry in front of them. She's missed her boys, so glad to be in their arms as they hug her tight. Taza stays back to talk to Nestor as Hank guides her inside, the clubhouse dead silent.

"Tessa?" Angel whispers, unable to believe his sister is home. No one has been able to sleep, as the sun begins to rise over Santo Padre. He and EZ clutch Tessa between them, kissing her head. Angel cups the sides of her head, resting his forehead against hers. "Don't you ever leave us again."

Tessa nods, before looking around. "Where is he?"

Everyone lets out a breath, knowing how bad Bishop was. He kicked everyone out of the Temple, leaving him alone as he loses himself over Tessa. From their reaction, she knows its bad. He told her he couldn't handle her leaving again, and that's just what she did. Angel helps her to the Temple door, sliding it open for her to step through.

"What part of get the fuck out don't you understand," Bishop growls, not looking up from the table.

Tessa almost falls apart at the sight of him. Angel lets her go, sliding back into the main room.

"Mi Corazon?" Tessa calls.

Bishop snaps his head up, his eyes red and his cheeks stained. The second he sees her, he's out of his chair and running to her, wrapping his arms around her. Tessa embraces him, instantly moulding into him as she breathes in his scent. Bishop can't believe she's here, it feels like she was gone for years.

Reluctantly pulling away, Bishop still holds her to him, just taking in her face. Tessa brings a hand up, swiping her thumb over his cheeks as tears fall down hers. All the past hours fade away, as Bishop brings his lips down onto hers.

Her body comes alive at the taste of him, goosebumps rising along her skin as his tongue explores her mouth. Bishop manages to have her body flush against his, as he marks her lips and sucks the breath out of her. Swiftly leaning down, he hooks her legs up, her hands wrapping around his neck as he carries her.

He pulls back, sliding the Temple door open and ignoring everyone as he stares into her beautiful honey eyes. His boys swell at the sight of them, mom and dad back in each other's arms. Bishop takes her to his room, laying her down and sliding under the covers next to her, as he just wraps himself around her. His anger and sadness have evaporated, his body pulsing with love.