Chapter Three

Tessa sits in her car for a heartbeat, debating just turning it around and heading home. Today has left her drained, but Angel and Ezekiel deserve to know a few things. Inhaling and exhaling deeply, she gets out, walking up the stairs into the clubhouse. The party is in full swing, boys partying with girls hanging off them, drinking till their heart's content. She sees Bishop playing pool with someone wrapping her arms around him, and for whatever reason, she is filled with a sour feeling.

She frowns at herself, I'm probably just lonely and horny, she thinks to herself. She knows full well that she and any guy never works out. She sees Angel talking to Alvarez, not yet aware of her presence. She approaches the bar, slinging her arm over Alvarez who chuckles.

"Angel, anciano."

Old man.

Angel stares at her, not sure how he feels about Tessa and Padrino being so comfortable with each other, or even being here at this moment. He's royally pissed off with her. He squints at Alvarez, knowing anyone who disrespects him like that, gets pulled into line. But he just smiles at Tessa, calling her asesina, a nickname Alvarez finds fitting.

Killer.

He walks away, trying to ignore Tessa as she calls out for him. "Angel! We need to talk." She manages to catch a few peoples attention, Angel spinning on his heels.

"Now you want to talk? Bit fucking late for that." He spits, marching outside into the cooler air.

Bishop stands upright as the Reyes siblings walk outside. His eyes flicker over to Marcus, who shrugs and enjoys his drink. Bishop didn't miss the way Tessa and his primo were with each other, they have history. He silently slips outside, lighting a cigarette as he listens to the sibling's conversation.

"Is that why you left? For Miguel?" Angel demands. Tessa holds back a laugh, knowing he wouldn't appreciate it.

"Of fucking course not! Miguel is my best friend, Cristobal is my Godson for fucksake." Tessa's voice raises. "Look, Angel," She speaks more calmly. "Miguel offered me a job, which I knew you wouldn't allow me to take. So I didn't tell you, and left."

Angel frowns, not able to believe the words he's hearing. Working for Miguel?! "He's my best friend." She repeats, waiting for his response.

"Why are you back." Angel's tone comes off harsher than he wanted, but he is confused as to why she is back.

Tessa takes a step away from Angel, sighing. "I retired from that job, Miguel offering me to work as protection for Emily. That way I'm not completely out and I'm at home. But with Cristobal kidnapped, I'm going to find him first, and flay the fucking bastardos that took him."

Bastards.

She doesn't miss the way Angel winces when she mentions the Los Olvidados. As Angel stares at her, he can see how exhausted she is. He has to remember that she's spent a decade away from him, growing up without him around to have any say. He sighs, looking down at her as he pulls her into a hug.

Tessa wraps her arms around Angel, burying her head against his chest as she has missed his hugs, missed him. Her phone ringing pulls them apart, Angel knowing that when business calls, business calls. He watches as she answers, her attitude and demeanour changing.

"This better be fucking good." She growls as she answers Nestor's call.

"Miguel wants you here, to discuss what to do next." He tells her. She can hear Miguel in the background, his restless pacing annoying her from here.