Chapter Four

Walking into her father's butcher shop, Tessa clenches her jaw as she watches Felipe wrap someone's order. He hasn't noticed her yet, but something tells him to turn around. As he hands the customer they're roast, he freezes as he locks eyes with Tessa.

"Mi hija." The door closes, leaving the father and daughter alone.

My daughter.

"Hey Pop." Tessa smiles softly, watching as he rounds the fridge and stands in front of her.

Felipe pulls her in for a hug, one Tessa happily accepts. He hasn't seen her since she told him of Miguel's offer, ten years ago. He wasn't particularly happy about her choice of career, but he knew Tessa was going to take it whether he liked it or not. So he made sure she left, knowing he was proud of her, not angry.

"Have you seen your brothers?" He asks as she pulls away. Tessa nods.

"I haven't spoken to EZ though, Prospect life tends to keep him busy when I'm around."

Felipe nods, knowing how angry Angel would have been when he saw her with Miguel. "Speaking of which, I have to go catch up with them and their club. I'll come by later Pop." Tessa tells him, just as another customer enters the shop.

Tessa opens the clubhouse doors, smiling as she sees Ezekiel sitting down at the bar. He hears her approach, surprised to see his sister so early in the morning. She sits down next to him, taking in his grown-up appearance.

"Mi hermano pequeño." Tessa says softly.

My little brother.

"Tessa," EZ responds sharply, something out of character for him. Tessa frowns, tilting her head. "You think I'm going to welcome you home with open arms like Angel? Think again." He finishes his beer, standing up and heading towards the front.

"Ezekiel Reyes! Don't you walk away from me when-" EZ turns sharply, cutting her off.

"Why not, you did."

Tessa clenches her jaw, watching her brothers retreating figure. As she brings her hand up to rub her face, she notices lingering dirt from this morning. "Shit." She curses to herself, checking her outfit over to see grease painted on. Her hands are still stained from working on her car this morning.

She leans over the bar, helping herself to a cloth and using it to at least get rid of the dirt and whatever she has on her, leaving her clothes. They have to be washed separately. Behind her, Bishop exits Temple, the boys following. He smirks as he sees her leaning on the table, not yet aware of their presence.

"Didn't think I'd see you here so early retaco." Tessa puts the cloth down, spinning in her seat to raise a brow at Bishop.

Shorty.

"Keep calling me that Obispo, and I'll shove my gun so far down your throat you'll wish it was a dick." She growls as the boys burst into a fit of laughter as Bishop walks toward her.

Tessa's lower abdomen flips as she holds Bishop's stare. His dark brown orbs staring through her honey-brown ones, looking straight at her soul. He hates being called by his real name, but with it rolling off Tessa's tongue, it sends him into a primal state. Bishop leans his hands against the bar, caging her in.

Tessa smirks, leaning back against the table as Bishop brings his face dangerously close to hers. He's completely forgotten the house is full of his Mayan brothers, as he licks his lips. "You love it, sweetheart, just like your body loves how close I am." He looks down, goosebumps rising over her arms.

Rolling her eyes, knowing full well she does love it. Tessa pushes Bishop back, ignoring Angel's suddenly serious eyes. All the boys look more confused than anything.

"I'm here, because of Miguel's actions last night." She looks at Bishop, who clenches his jaw. "I'm assuming you all know what he did." Judging from everyone's reaction, she gathered they already knew.

"Did you know?" Coco speaks up. Tessa feels her anger start to rise at his tone.

Bishop looks at her, remembering she spoke to Miguel on the phone. She did mention the killing of kids, so she did know. "Doesn't matter if I knew or not, Mickey is my boss and with Devante in his fucking ear, he doesn't listen to anyone."

Tessa may be small, but she has the heart of a warrior. She doesn't let anyone belittle her, or judge her for the job she has. As she stands here, Bishop can't help but smile as she holds her head high and clenches her jaw as her eyes darken. It's then he realises, his primo's name for her is accurate. She is a killer.

"Miguel wants to meet with you." Tessa looks to Bishop and Alvarez as she speaks. "So I wouldn't keep him waiting."

Tessa leans against her car as four Mayans approach, Alvarez and Bishop, leading. Tazza and Hank follow. As they park their bikes and follow Tessa inside, Bishop glances at Alvarez, who grins. Alvarez knows what his primo is thinking. Tessa walks with purpose, her hips swaying just slightly as she marches toward Miguel and Devante.

Miguel kisses her cheek as she arrives, smiling softly. Tessa dips her head toward Devante, moving off to the side as the men speak.

"Our associates at the C.D.C.R have reached out, that rebel video has made people very nervous," Alvarez informs Miguel, who now sits on the bench that was used for torture only the day before.

Bishop stands with his hands in front, as he looks down at Miguel. "We're going to meet with this afternoon. Calm shit down, let them know it's going to be business as usual." He looks between Miguel and Tessa, ignoring Devante.

"We just wanna know we're telling them the truth." Tessa's phone rings, taking her focus from in front of her.

"Tessa?" A young voice calls through, making Tessa stop dead in her tracks.

"Mi Novia, what are you doing contacting me?" Tessa says, her voice not quite low enough to not catch everyone else attention.

My girl.

The girl breathes heavily, "I can't stay with him anymore Tess. Have you found my mum yet, I can't take this shit anymore." She chokes on a sob, Tessa starting to shake with rage.

"Where is he?" She asks. The young girl tells her, the San Búho Tribal Casino. Of fucking course, she curses to herself. "Mi Novia, I am sending someone to come get you and take you to your mother." Her breathing becomes sharp, the call ending as Tessa loses herself to the rage and throws her phone at the wall.

Miguel is away from Devante and at her side in an instant, knowing that she is about to explode. "Tess, Tess listen to me." He tries to calm her down, but Tessa pulls herself away. He hurt her little girl. His little girl.

"He's hurting her." She strains, looking at Miguel who knows who she is talking about. "He's at the San Búho Casino, I have to go." With that, she turns and marches her way toward her car.

Bishop frowns, as Alvarez shakes his head. Only one person can make Tessa skyrocket like that. "Looks like you'll have another person accompanying you," Miguel announces.