Forty Three~ Moving Up

Kris

It's been a up and down couple of days with the ending of the season and Jennas episode the other morning. I understand that it a symptom of PTSD and that not even in her dreams is she safe, but I still wanted to help. Now that baseball is behind me and it's the off season I wanted to spend more time with her and Mary. I can really help her out when she goes to work and I love my time with Mary. She makes everything fun and adorable and she is the sweetest thing ever.

So I start to think about what to do next. The off-season is here and besides holiday plans I didn't have much in mind. I'll find us flights out to Vegas and get the holidays planned out. I plan on taking it easy for a little before kicking up workouts and plans for the future. But the present was here and I needed to take a hold of that too. So that's what I'm going to do.

"What do you think about moving in with me after we get back from Vegas for the holidays" I question as Jenna stayed laid up in bed. Mary was in the living room watching Saturday morning cartoons like every kid should. We put her to sleep in the spare last night because I put a bed in there for her but she always ends up on the couch.

"Are you serious right now" Jenny asks as she sits up in bed. I sit up with her as I cuddle in closer. "We talked about this, remember?"

"I am a hundred percent serious. We already decided it was going to happen eventually and eventually is finally here. We already got Mary a bed to put in the spare and now we can let her pick out her bed sheets and she'll have plenty of space for her clothes. Maybe we can get her a tv and put it in her room so we can have more privacy" I say lowly making her giggle.

"And what does this mean for us" she wonders.

I just shrug as I stare into her big grey eyes. "Whatever we want it to" I assure her. "I know we've only been together for seven months but I know for a fact I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to wake up in the morning tangled up with you, I want to go out into the living room and see Mary waiting there for us. I want to not have to worry about whether you're safe at the apartment because you'll be safe in my arms."

"Is this about what happened the other day" she wonders. "Because you didn't push us moving in until now."

"Not entirely, no. But it would help me to know that I can watch over you and make sure you're okay" I admit.

"I don't need a baby sitter" she defends.

"No, you don't. And I'm not going to be one. But tell me this, have you had a nightmare when we slept together" I question.

She sits there and thinks about it before turning back to me. "No, I don't think I have" she admits.

"When I hold you in this bed I don't feel fear, I don't feel the world weighing you down. You're weightless and you're smiling because you're happy. It can always be like that" I promise.

"What happens when something goes wrong? Where do I go then" she counters.

"Any problem we face we can get through it together. No matter how upset or sad I get I will always want you with me. You're my safe place and I will always want you here with me" I argue.

"I don't know" she sighs. "This is huge. It's not that I don't think I will be able to handle living with you. I've been thinking about it for a while now. With you my life is so much easier, so much better. But I don't want to let myself get happy only to get kicked in the stomach" she defends.

"Look at it this way. If you move in then we can test it out. If at any point you feel like this isn't home, like you don't belong, then I have to let you figure it out for yourself. I won't push you. But if you find yourself missing being here with me and Mary and for the first time you have a home to come home to then you'll stay" I bargain.

"Deal" she smiles.

I pull her into a soft kiss then a not so soft kiss. She holds my face up to hers until she decided she was done. "We should probably go get the kid before she rots her brains out watching cartoons" I tease.

"Yeah. If that kid gets any more sarcastic I'm gonna have to start filling out her college applications" she laughs.

So we roll out of bed and find our favorite little person on the couch wrapped up in a blanket watching looney tunes. I'm honestly still surprised they still play this.

"Morning superstar" I say as we walk into the living room. Her little head peaks over the blankets as she looks at us.

"You're up" she cheers as she tosses the blankets to the floor. She jumps up and I catch her safely in her arms.

"Morning Pumpkin'" Mary says as she kisses her cheek.

"What's the plans for today" I ask her as she rests on my side. She was pretty small for a four year old but I'm okay with that because I don't want her to grow up.

"Disney movies" Mary insists.

"We watched Disney movies yesterday" I remind her.

"More Disney movies" she cheers as I let out a sigh. How can I say no to her? So I pull up Netflix and try to find movies we haven't watched in the past few days. Jenna has the day off so that means it was the three amigos back at it again.

We order some breakfast and stay in our PJ's all day. As much as I love baseball I love having time life this time be with my girls.

"What do you say to staying here with Kris" Jenna asks Mary as she tilts her head to the side.

"We all stay here" she insists. Oh the mind of a child.

"No, I mean like instead of coming home to the apartment we come here. That place will go to another little family and we will stay here with Kris" Jenna explains.

"Like a forever sleepover" Mary questions.

"Just like that" I assure her.

"Oh! Then I want to stay here with Kris. And you'll stay too right, you won't leave" Mary questions.

"Of course baby, I'm going to be right beside you the whole time" she promises.