Fifty Nine~ Kiss The Girl

Jenna

After what feels like forever Kris and I have a date night. And it's not that we didn't want to have them until now, it's that with the holidays and the birthdays and traveling it's been since we were in Vegas at the concert that it was just him and I. And even then we were with friends and in public, never actually him and I.

Finally Kris finds a day where we both didn't need to be somewhere or doing something and we drop Mary off with Connie and her daughter for the night. Kris wouldn't tell me where we were going or what we were doing, just to dress however I wanted and to be ready by 7. So I pull on a nice dress and throw my hair into a high pony before calling it a night. We take off into the city and travel a familiar path.

"Are we going to connies cafe" I question as he just laughs at me.

"I thought we decided you weren't going to guess" he teases.

"Well that was before I figured out where we were going" I smirk.

"Yeah, we are going to connies. But I had something special put together" he insists.

"I wouldn't mind a date at the diner. That place has a lot of sentimental value to it" I admit.

"It does, that's why I wanted to go there. But I also wanted to do something a little different" he says.

So I respect his wishes and quit trying to guess. We pull up to the cafe but all the lights were off and the building looked closed.

"Is this place even open" I ask him.

"Not to the public, no. But being partial owner of this place has some perks and I told Connie my idea and she had no problem closing a little early today so I can do something special for us" he explains.

We park out back and he pulls me to the front of the cafe. He uses his key to get him in and flips on the lights. When he does I see all the tables pushed to the side and a bunch of fluffy blankets scattered around the middle of the floor. There was a projector sitting behind all the blankets with The Little Mermaid being projected into the big white wall. There was some food and sparkling grape juice set out of us since we both haven't eaten today and we both don't drink. There was some candles around the place and flower pedals on the floor. It was a beautiful set up and I can tell he spent a lot of time thinking these details out. From the smell of the candles to the movie he picked everything was perfect and it was only like that because he was such a genuinely amazing guy.

"Kris this is amazing" I say as he lets go of my hand so I can look around. The smile on my face so big my cheeks started to hurt.

"I know we just back from Disney but this is your favorite movie so I knew you would want to watch it. And life had been so crazy I figured that we can slow down for the night and just, I don't know, hang out" he shrugs.

"Nothing would make me happier" I promise as I hold on to his arm.

So Kris turns the lights back down and the candles light the place up. We sit in the middle of the cafe and I find some pillows to prop us up. Kris grabs our food and pours us a glass of sparkling juice and we start the movie. And it was so hard for me to focus on the movie when all I could think about was that I was a hundred percent the luckiest girl in the world.

We get to my favorite scene where they're in the boat and Sebastian starts to sing Kiss the Girl. Kris knew it was my favorite so he pulls me up off of the floor. He wraps his arms around my waist so we were chest to chest. I feel his heart beat against mine as I smile up at him.

"There you see her
Sitting there across the way
She don't got a lot to say
But there's something about her

And you don't know why
But you're dying to try
You wanna kiss the girl

Yes, you want her
Look at her, you know you do
It's possible she wants you, too
There is one way to ask her

It don't take a word
Not a single word
Go on and kiss the girl."

He tucks a long strand of my auburn hair behind my ear as he stares at me.

"Do you still not believe in happily ever afters" he wonders as we just sway back and fourth. I shrug as I stare into his impossible blue eyes.

"I don't know" I admit. "So much has changed since I last thought about it."

"Like what" he wonders.

"Everything" I claim.

He doesn't reply as he just smiles down at me. His face growing ever closer to mine as he holds my face.

"What more can I do to make you believe" he whispers on my lips.

"Kiss me" I beg.

"Sing with me now
Sha-la-la-la-la-la
My, oh, my
Look at the boy too shy
He ain't gonna kiss the girl

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Ain't that sad
Ain't it shame, too bad
You gonna miss the girl

Now's your moment
Floating in a blue lagoon
Boy, you better do it soon
No time will be better

She don't say a word
And she won't say a word
Until you kiss the girl

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Don't be scared
You got the mood prepared
Go on and kiss the girl

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Don't stop now
Don't try to hide it how
You wanna kiss the girl."

Our lips slowly separate as his hand stays on my face. I remember a time when this place was just a job, just something that kept me from losing everything. And now all my hopes and dreams were still here, but they fit in my hands as I hold his body against mine. My happily ever after that I thought was never going to come, that never existed, it was right here in my arms and all I had to do was hold on tight. And that's just what I'm going to do.

"Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Float along
Listen to the song
The song say kiss the girl

Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Music play
Do what the music say
You wanna kiss the girl

You've got to kiss the girl
Why don't you kiss the girl
You gotta kiss the girl
Go on and kiss the girl."