Fifty Three~ Have You Forever

Jenna

One thing I have always wanted to do was go skating on the ice they put in front of the park during the winter season. I've never been close to the ice before because Texas isn't big on ice or the cold, but I always wanted to skate in the city, a bucket list kind of thing. Hold hands with someone I loved more than anything and do something I wouldn't have ever dreamed of doing should I have stayed home. Something that's only special because I'm here and because I'm with someone who I love a lot.

As soon as I break Kris down I change into the thickest pair of leggings and a pink turtleneck because I'm a wimp and hate the cold. I add on a white sweater for a extra layer before curling my hair and topping it off with a white stocking cap. One I pull on my black coat and I had enough layers to shelter me from anything I was ready to go, unfortunately for me no one else in my party is.

"Are you guys about ready" I yell into Mary's room. I see her sitting in front of the mirror as Kris finishes up her hair. He was so insistent on practicing until he got good at it and now there isn't much I can do with her hair that he can't.

"A few more minutes please" Mary says with her sweet voice.

"Of course baby" I smile.

So I let them finish up and I fix us all some hot chocolate to go. I put them in our travel cups and once I was done they were too. We head out to the park and rent some skates before lacing them up. It wasn't until I got to the surface of the ice that I realized that this was a bad idea.

"Oh shit" I mumble as I look out to the ice. So this is what instant regret feels like? Usually it takes a while but this... this was instant.

"You're not scared are you" Kris teases.

"So help me god Kristopher if you don't let me take my time I will yell at you in front of all these people and I won't feel bad about it" I threaten.

"I'm sorry baby" he smirks and I just roll my eyes. He is so full of shit sometimes.

Mary takes off onto the ice without a care in the world. She loved to fall down and the ice was cool to her so honestly she might go in the corner and make ice castles or something to keep herself entertained. Meanwhile I can't imagine being out there and not busting my ass.

"Have you been ice skating before" I ask Kris.

"I'm from Vegas, no I haven't been ice skating before" he laughs.

But he still gets on before me and gets his feet under him. He turns to me and reaches his hand out and I smile.

"You just told me you've never skated before and now you want me to trust you to help me figure it out" I scoff.

"Jenna I will never let you fall.

Never" he promises.

I let out a long sigh because I trusted him way more than I ever should of. But I believe him when he said he got me.

So I slip my hand into his and he grabs me. Even with my gloves on I could feel the warmth of his skin on mine. I slowly go out to the ice and I try my hardest to stay up.

"Oh there is no way this ends well" I mumble as I slip and slide across the ice. I make my way to Kris who as soon as he could grabs my hips he holds me tight and I try not to fall on my ass. A small smile comes up on my face as I look into his ocean eyes. I get lost in them and all of the sudden I wasn't scared anymore

"See, it's not bad" he teases.

"Not with you here" I admit.

He softly presses his lips to mine as I kiss him back. Our skates finally stop moving as everything stops. For a moment it was exactly what I dreamed of but then I remembered that this is a public park and we're not alone.

So we break apart but I put my hand back in his. We slowly but surely make it around one time befor we got the hang of it. I trail behind Kris slowly as it got a little bit easier. Mary joins us and we have a lot of fin skating around in circles all day. We have someone take pictures of us and I thank them mightily. Kris signs some things for their troubles and they leave us alone. While Kris is a famous figure here in the city people usually leave him alone. At Cubs games that's different but here he is just like everyone else. Trying to have a good time in the city making memories that will last forever.

After a while I was getting tired so we take a break. We find a bench to sit at and finish our hot chocolate which was still warm. I smile big as I just look around. Every tree covered in lights and Christmas music blasting throughout the entire park. So many families that come here together as a part of their own Christmas tradition, or maybe it's something they always wanted to do like me. And while it was chaotic here for a while it was quiet. It was peaceful just as I imagined.

"What are you thinking so hard about" Kris wonders as he places his hand on my thigh. He pulls me towards him as I rest my head on my shoulder.

"I always wanted to come here and I was so worried it wouldn't be everything I dreamt it up to be. But it's even better than I imagined because I got to come here with you. I skated for the first time and I had a amazing time. And it's because of you" I say softly.

"I have to admit this is a lot of fun. I never saw myself as a skater because I'm tall and awkward. But it was great being out there with you and Matt. And I'm only saying that because you didn't kill me because we fell" he joked making me giggle.

"Thanks for not letting me fall" I say.

"I'll have you forever" he promises.