Babysitter

Pipers POV

"Dad I know you're gonna be away for two months but I don't need a babysitter! I'm eighteen and Cal is big enough to not cause a huge ass mess when he's unattended for a second." I huff and cross my arms, my dad just announced that the babysitter was coming over and when I asked what babysitter he said that we were still too young to be by ourselves. "Piper I know but just listen to me, I don't want you burning the house down. You don't even have to talk to her just don't give her attitude" he sighs and grabs his suitcase for the airport. "I'll see you in two months Piper" He says, slipping his phone in the back pocket of his jeans before opening the door. "Okay..I love you Daddy" I sigh, watching him leave. I groan as I make my way to the kitchen, pulling out a bottle of iced tea and drinking it.

As I'm leaning on the marble counter, drinking my iced tea, a knock on the door resonates through the halls. "Must be the babysitter" I think to myself, rolling my eyes at what I'm imagining her like. Probably a Karen..fuck I hope she doesn't treat me like I'm two years old. I make sure I look semi presentable. I look down at my orange sleeveless crop top and black shorts, shrugging as I dust them off before opening the door. I brace myself for the worst but boy am I wrong. "Piper right?" A goddess asks. She has raven black hair and emerald green eyes, glasses perched on the top of her head as I notice her outfit. Her style looks around my age, maybe a bit older. She's wearing beat up converse with black ripped jeans, a tight but not too revealing grey tank top, and a red flannel is wrapped around her waist. "Y-yeah that's me" I smile, letting her inside the house. She has a black backpack slung over her shoulder and I notice it before she sets it down, taking off her converse by the door. "Hi I'm Alex Vause, your babysitter I guess..you look about my age though, how old are you?" she asks. "Eighteen, you?" I say, examining her up and down, noticing she's leaning her weight on one side. "Nineteen, turning twenty in a few months" she hums and I smile at her. "Look kid, I'm really not gonna act like your babysitter. We can be friends if you want but I'm not forcing you to interact with me" she says, seeing my arms still crossed. I slowly uncross my arms and sigh, deciding the next two months will go easier if I let down my walls. "No no, we're gonna spend two months being together so it would be nice to get to know you" I smile softly at her, leading her to the kitchen. "This is the kitchen, your room is next to mine, the pools out back, and the bathroom is right across our bedrooms." I say, handing her the floor plan my dad asked me to print out for her. "Thanks babe" she says huskily, sitting down on one of the chairs. I grab my half finished iced tea and look at her, "Babe?" I muse and she looks at me, her eyebrow quirking upwards. "I call everyone that" she smiles softly and I nod. "Okay love muffin" I joke, grabbing some popcorn from the pantry. "I'll be in my room if you need anything, here's my number" I say, handing her a slip of paper with my number scribbled down on it. She nods and looks at the floor plan as I walk up the stairs to my room, finding my brother Cal playing video games in his room. "Cal" I knock against the doorframe, he pauses his game and looks at me. "Yeah big sis?" He says, pulling his headphones down to his neck. "The babysitters here, she's in the kitchen. Just to let you know her name's Alex Vause" I say and he nods, thanking me before turning back to his game. I sigh and walk into my room, flopping down on my bed as I think about the girl downstairs.

- 3 weeks later-

(Piper and Alex became friends and quickly became comfortable with each other. Since Pipers dad took the family car Alex drives her to and from school but she's not complaining. Alex has interesting stories about past girlfriends and an amazing music taste so she makes the car rides fun. They've had movie nights together and explored Pipers sexuality a bit when Alex showed her pictures of Cate Blanchett and played smash or pass with actors..Piper unsurprisingly passed all of the male actors and smashed all the female ones...This next part takes place when Alex is waiting for Piper to get out of school and well..you'll see)