Family

Pipers POV

I'm in the kitchen making lunch, some simple sandwiches and chips. It's currently Saturday afternoon and my wife is playing outside with our two kids. Yep, we have kids. Our oldest, Ben aka Benjamin is six years old and our second born, Diane is four. We named our daughter Diane because we wanted her name to be special to the both of us. We wanted to remember Alex's mom and this was the way we did it. After Alex got out of prison she actually got a well paying job as a journalist. I work as a business woman, working with Polly to expand PoPi even more. After I got out of prison Polly and I became friends again and decided to re kindle PoPi. I carried both of them, Ben and Diane, and Alex helped me the entire time. She was an amazing wife throughout all of it, helping me when I had discomfort, built the nursery, helped re-model Benjamin's room once we found out we were going to have another one, got me all of my food cravings, and even more.

I look out the window of the kitchen and into our backyard, Ben being the prince and Diane being the knight..because fuck gender roles, and Alex being the dragon. I smile at my small family as I put their plates on the table, setting a glass of lemonade for both of them before walking to our screen door and opening it. "Hey my knight and prince, I've got some sandwiches for you guys." I say and they smile at me, both of them running up to me and giving me a hug before running to the table. Our dog, Bee, follows after them as she wags her tail excitedly. "Can I have some of your chips Di?" Ben says and I smile at them before turning to my wife. She gets up from where she's sitting and she looks at me, a genuine smile on her face as she fixes her glasses. I smile at her and walk to her, crossing our small lawn. I giggle at her and fix her shirt a bit, her hair messy from our daughter climbing all over her. "They sure are rowdy kids Pipes, just like their parents." She smiles and her arms wrap around my waist, mine wrapping around her neck. "Mmhm.." I hum, taking in the entire scene. "Who would've thought." I chuckle and she looks at me confused, placing a gentle kiss on my lips. "Who would've thought what?" She asks and I tuck a strand of dark brown hair behind her ear. "That we would be here..we're legally married with a two story house, a white picket fence, a dog, two kids.." I ramble and she nods her head, smiling as she looks around. She looks at me with pure love in her eyes and it makes me stop my rambling. I take a deep breath and smile, cupping her cheeks, "I love you..so much Al." I say, kissing her velvety lips gently. "I love you Pipes..and I can't believe we did it, we have a family..a perfect family..and each other. Who said nothing good comes out of prison huh?" She jokes and I smile, seeing the Alex I met all those years ago at the bar. A sudden feeling of love and gratitude washes over me and I hug my wife tightly, her arms wrapping around my torso as well. I feel her face tuck into the crook of my neck and I blush, holding her tighter. After a few minutes we pull away and smile at each other, cherishing the moment. Alex is wearing grass and mud stained jeans and a marker marked dark olive green shirt. I chuckle at the image of Diane and Ben drawing on Alex and making her chase then through the grass. "Your clothes are a mess Al." I chuckle and so does she, slapping my ass lightly. "Would you like to fix that by taking them off Mrs.Chapman-Vause." she whispers, making me bite my bottom lip. "Later Al, the kids." I whisper and she groans softly. Don't get me wrong we love our kids but we haven't had good sex in a few months now. She nods her head as we make our way over to the dining table. "All done mommies!" Benjamin says proudly and Alex ruffles his hair a bit, "Good job Benji! Go take your sister to wash up a bit, Auntie Lorna and Nicky are going to be here in a bit with Sterling." Alex says as he nods excitedly. She takes their plates as they run off upstairs, still in their prince and night costumes. She hands me the dishes and I turn on the faucet, staring to wash the dishes. Alex makes sure our kids aren't around as she hugs me from behind, her front presses up against my back as she peppers light kisses on my neck. I close my eyes as I melt into her touch, her hands going under my shirt as she grabs my chest. I moan softly and she kisses my neck, sucking on my sweet spot a bit as my breathing becomes heavy. "Not now Al..Benji and Diane can walk down.." I moan, not being able to resist my wife's actions since I haven't been touched for so long. I put the last dish in the dishwasher, "You still a dishwasher kinda gal?" I chuckle and she shuts me up with a kiss, her hands on my waist as we kiss deeply. My hands entangle with her hair as I kiss her harder, my core aching. Suddenly Ben and Diane come running down the stairs, looking like they halfway washed their hands and faces. "Shit." We both mumble as we pull away, Alex backing away from me a bit as Benjamin and Diane run into my arms. "Mommy we washed up!" Benji says and I look at Alex, a smile on her face as she picks up Diane. Our daughter giggles and so does Ben as I pick him up as well. "Oh no mister, you still have chip crumbs on your face. Mommy and I are going to wash you up properly." I say, heading up the stairs with Alex and Diane in tow.

-

A knock at the door makes me break away from my conversation with Alex. "Must be Nicky and Lorna, can you get the kids as I let them in?" I ask and she nods, following me to the front door. I open the door and a beaming Lorna and Nicky come in, Sterling immediately barreling into our house and hugging Alex and I. "Auntie Alex and Auntie Piper!" Sterling smiles. He's about seven years old so he is a bit more mature than Ben but they still enjoy eachothers company. "Ben, Diane, Sterlings here!" Alex calls as she walks up the stairs to get them, Sterling on her heels. "Come inside you guys, haven't seen you in so long." I smile and hang their coats on their coat rack. Nicky and Lorna both give me a big hug as they sit on our couch, talking about how their lives have been. "Wine?" I ask and they nod as I pour out four glasses for all of us. I hand them their wine and sit down on the couch a bit across from them, leaving room for Alex as we talk.

A few minutes later Alex comes down the stairs and sits next to me, her arm wrapping around my waist as she kisses my temple. "The kids are already playing together so we have the whole night..until we get interrupted." She chuckles and grabs her wine glass as we talked the night away.

-

"Say goodbye to Sterling kids." Alex says as it's now eight o'clock, Ben and Dianes bedtime. They wave and give their goodbyes as we bid farewell to Nicky and Lorna. "Call us okay? We can go to brunch or something of that sort." Lorna says, hugging me one last time as they start to walk down our driveway. "Will do, see you guys! Be safe! Love you!" I call as I watch them drive off into the night. I close the front door and see that the kids are already yawning. "Come on you two rascals, lets get you both to bed." I chuckle as I hold Alex's hand, our children slowly walking up the stairs.

We get them both bathed and clothed in their comfy pajamas, getting them into bed. "Can we have a story, from both mommies?" Diane says and I smile at her cuteness, laying besides Ben a bit and nodding my head. Alex turns on their night lights before walking over to the opposite side of the bed and laying down. We share a quick kiss before looking down at our beautiful children. "Okay..once upon a time there was this.." Alex starts and I hold her hand. "There was this girl..who graduated from Smith college and was looking for a job as a waitress." Alex says and I look at her, a wide smile on our face as we tell the story of how we met to our kids..well the kid friendly version of it I guess.

-

"And then the two girls were finally reunited one day and they lived happily ever after, the end." I finish and I look to see Diane and Benjamin both sound asleep. I gently kiss both of their foreheads and so does Alex as we slowly get up, not wanting to disturb our sleeping children. We smile at each other as we quietly walk out of the room, switching off the lights as we slowly close the door. As soon as the door clicks shut I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in, Alex and I both cracking a wide smile as she kisses me. I have a family, everything for once in my life is okay..I'm experiencing all of these crazy things with motherhood and adulting but at least I have my best friend and partner here with me, Alex..that's all that counts.

-

"Chapman, wake up." Nicky says, making my eyes flutter open as I sit up quick. Too quick. I hit my head on the bottom of the prison bunk and I groan, looking around. "W-What?" I ask confused, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I look around and see the dormitories full of life, Alex walking into my stall. "Hey Pipes" she smiles, Nicky leaving us alone in the cube. "I had..the most interesting dream.." I explain as she sits down next to me, her arm wrapping around my shoulder. "Wanna tell me about it?"