Roald

Imagine going on a cute carnival date with Roald🎠

Roald is beautiful.

You watch as he stares into your soul, your heart pounding in your ears as he robotically eats the funnel cake you had bought him.

"Is it good?" You ask him, desperate to hear his wonderful voice.

"No," he says.

He continues to eat.

You continue to watch.

After a minute passes by, you ask, "Wanna go on the ferris wheel?"

"No."

"Okay."

You sit and watch him eat.

Maybe you should have invited Barold instead.

He enjoys his funnel cake, chewing infuriatingly slow.

"Okay." Roald repeats, and he sets his trash on the table between you. "We can now go."

This was horrible. He is no longer beautiful, and you no longer wish to hear him speak.

Despite this, you really didnt want your tickets to go to waste on a boring date. So you say, "Fine. Let's go."

As you both rise from the table (Roald leaves his trash--how disgusting), you notice that he's walking quite far away from you.

With an awkward smile, you ask, "What are you doing over there?"

His reply is curt.

"I do not like you."

Well, you didn't like him either. You tell yourself this until the ache in your heart reduces, and a dark thought strikes you.

It was perfect.

Once you reach the ferris wheel, Roald has no choice but to stand next to you in line.

You give him one last chance to save himself by attempting to hold his flipper, but he moves away instantly.

He will regret this.

"Next." A bored voice mumbles, and you're ushered into a bright yellow carriage.

The color of piss.

Roald eyes you quietly before asking the worker,"Can I get on the next one?"

The worker coughs. "No."

"Okay."

Roald sits across from you, and the carriage begins to move up.

"It's nice up here, isn't it?" You try to give him one last chance...one last chance to save himself.

He ignores you.

You can at least say you tried.

Once you're at the very top, Roald inches his head over the edge to appreciate the view. There are no safety precautions to save him from an accidental fall...

"Wow." He breathes, and it's the first time he appears happy today. "It's lovely up here."

You agree.

He doesn't feel you approach.

"Yes," you agree quietly. "It is very lovely."

You shove him overboard.

But...he does not budge.

Roald blinks in confusion as your shove is unsuccessful.

He turns to gawk at you.

"What the fuck, Y/N?"

"What??" You cry, equally confused. You don't understand! He has supposed to have fallen to his death. "I thought...um..."

"I have my seatbelt on." Roald tells you, and the serneity on his face frightens you.

You become aware of the fact that you aren't buckled in...

"Thats... that's very safe of you," You say with a nervous laugh.

Roald inches closer to you.

"Really?" He whispers. "Thanks."

You scream as he grabs you. Instead of throwing you off, however, he places you down beside him and wraps a flipper around your shoulders.

The kiss he presses on the top of your head bewilders you, and you cant tell if this is all a trap.

Once the ride is over, Roald helps you out of the carriage.

As he holds your hand and leads you towards the carousel, you smile.

This was no trap.

The warm lights on the carousel paint his face in soft colors, and you feel the butterflies from before return.

Roald is beautiful.