XLIII. Wedding Day

Chapter 48
Wedding Day

Someone asked me, what constitutes a perfect day for me?
I would say, a perfect day is when things are falling into place, and all I have been praying for is no longer a 'prayer' but rather an 'answered prayer'. It is indeed a perfect day. I couldn't wish for more.

Now, infront of those people who witnessed our journey, I wouldn't be ashamed to show the 'cry baby' side of me. They know me as someone who is very manly. But crying doesn't make me a gay. These tears are because of this overflowing emotions I am feeling right now. Didn't know I would be marrying the girl I've always been praying for.

Hindi ako pinanganak na mayaman. But I've always dreamed of becoming one. Not only for my family but also for her.

Si Aria.

I know her as someone who always get what she wants. Suplada. Mataray. Minsan, may pagka-mata-pobre. I hated Aria.

Malayong malayo sa Elle na napamahal na sa'kin. Si Elle na mabait, mapagbigay at mapagkumbaba. She isn't rich but she's very generous.

I don't like the way she was raised by her foster parents. Hindi ko gusto ang katotohanan na unti-unti siyang nawala sa'kin.

"Please take good care of my sister habang nagpapagaling ako."

Tinanguan ko si Dustine kahit sa isip ko ay gusto kong umalma sa kagustuhan niya. He knows so well that his ate would always cancel me out.

He was about to get in the car but he turned his back when he remembered something.

"One more thing... Please don't tell ate about my condition. All she knows is that I'm studying abroad. As much as possible, ayaw ni Dad na mastress ang ate coz it can trigger past memories."

Umiling ako nang makaalis siya. I don't really want to lie to her, but of it for her own good, I am doing it half-heartedly.

I saw how pained she was when Dustine left. Nabahala ako sa naging reaksyon niya sa pag-alis ng kapatid. I was too damn scared just by thinking that it could indeed trigger past memories because of the familiar sadness she's feeling for losing someone really close to her.

Kaya naman kahit may inis sa nangyayari ay hinayaan kong mapalapit siya sa iba, kung iyon ang way niya para madivert ang atensyon niya. I let her hang around Wesley Schoedler kahit pa iba ang timpla ko sa lalaking 'yon. He's just a typical playboy who jumps from one girl to another.

I hate how she was treating him. That should be me. I used to be with her back when we were little. Ngunit ngayon ay napalitan na ng taong hindi niya lubos na kilala.

Akala ko ba gusto mong pagpakasal sa taong kilalang kilala ka na? Then why are you with that guy? I know you better than him. I know exactly who you are.

Gusto ko siyang hilain paalis ng Lemington University. I was tailing her secretly and I always get to find her lurking around L.U. She would always wait for him outside their campus at kinukunsinte pa ng kaibigan.

I was badly holding my temper, and in the end, I would always walk away and try to remind myself that she isn't the same Elle anymore. She has her new life now. I shouldn't meddle with it.

It was fine with me. It was okay until I found out she's dating a wrong one.

"Dalawa lang naman 'yan, eh. It's either you break up with him, or I'll tell your Dad everything."

Nakita ko ang takot sa mga mata niya ngunit hindi siya nagpatinag. Seriously? Kahit pa hindi sila totoong magpinsan, dahil iyon ang alam ng lahat, iyon din ang dapat niyang itama.