Chapter 29

["Baka mag-kaibigan lang talaga, teh"]

Badet talked to me on the other side of the call. I was telling her that I saw Kendric with Matilda a while ago sa shop kung saan kami nagt-trabaho ni Gavin. 

Gavin also saw them when he serves them their orders. He was shocked, too, to see them together. What is interesting here is that Matilda is the one who saw me and Ken the last time.

"Probably," I just shrugged my shoulder and sipped my coffee. It's already night at maaga pa kami ni Gavin sa shop bukas so I just ended the call and slept dahil tapos na rin ako sa night routine ko. I didn't notice I slept while thinking about the two.

Kinabukasan, maaga kaming gumising. We took our shower at pinag-usapang sa shop nalang kumain. When we arrived at the shop, wala pang masyadong customer. I think there is one, but it is still early. Maybe an hour more ay magsisidating na rin ang mga highschool customer dahil nagsimula na ang pasukan sa secondary. 

Ang mga kasama namin ay nag-aayos na for the whole day of work. Kumain muna kami ni Gavin sa isang seat for two and ordered regular pancakes with our favorite coffee. 

My eyes widened when I saw Kendric walking inside the crew room and my lips parted when I saw him wearing the same clothes we wear as crew here in the shop. Agad kumunot ang noo ko sa nakita.

"Babe, look." Tinuro ko kay Gavin si Kendric na papasok sa storage room. "I think he will work here," I bit my pancake, nervous of what will happen. 

"So?" Maarte wika niya at mukhang walang pakialam. He was busy eating. 

"I don't like him working here, it will embarrass me," I said and bit my fingernails, which is not common to me. What I mean is that he likes me and it will embarrass me if he works with me and my boyfriend. 

"Why would you be?" He pierced his eyes at me, curious about what I am talking about. 

I pursed my lips, finding words to say. I just sighed when I can't let out any word. We finished eating and like what we thought, Ken really applied for a job here and he's one of the waiters.

"Why would you follow me here?" I whispered to him when the two of us are the ones who were left inside the crew room.

"You're assuming. Why would I follow you?" Patawa-tawa niyang sabi. He put his tongue on the insides of his cheeks, smirking.

"Don't you?" I fired back with raised brows. 

"I am not," matiim na sabi niya. His eyes are so dark and intimidating. I couldn't talk anymore so I just shut up my mouth.

"Siguraduhin mo lang," I said before leaving and going to my station. 

I found myself looking at Ken and Gavin serving drinks to some highschool girls na wagas kung makatingin sa kanila. They are even excited to get near to the waiters than to sip their drinks.