Chapter 16

["Happy New Year! To more years with you!"]

She jumped and banged her head like she was in a rock party. She's smiling as the color of the sky reflects on her face. She looked at me and gave me a super wide smile.

"Happy New Year! To more years with you, love." I smiled and also greeted my family a happy new year. We're now on our terrace and firing some sparkling fireworks. We're eating samgyupsal and drinking some beer. 

["Pakibati kina Tita."] She's still jumping. Iniharap ko kina mama ang phone at binati si Olivia. She smiled at my family and waved her hand. She's so genuine. 

We celebrated with our family first. She's with his dad at nasa bahay lang din sila. I just let an hour pass para mag-celebrate kasama ang pamilya ko. Nagpaalam ako na pupuntahan si Olivia. It's already past 1 AM pero nagmamaneho pa rin ako papunta sa kanila, dala-dala ang isang maliit na bouquet ng tulips. 

"Gavin!" She hugged me when she saw me. I surprised her at it seems to work. "Happy New Year!"

"Happy New Year," I smiled. I saw her dad walking towards us and we greeted each other. Pinapasok niya ako sa kanila at mukhang naghanda rin sila dahil mayroong mga pagkain sa mesa. 

"Dapat hindi kana nag-abalang pumunta dito. Iniwan mo pa sina Tita!" She furrowed her brows at me. Kinagat ko naman ang barbecue na hawak ko and looked at her with a serious face. 

"I wanted to see you," I pouted. She just hits my arm before giving me smile. 

Lumabas kami sandali sa labas ng bahay nila. The night is beautifully serene and clear. The moon shines bright, giving us light as we sit on the open trunk of the car. She brought some chips na galing sa kanila. She really knows what I want.

"You know what? I wish I could turn back the time." I looked up in the sky. I saw her look at me in my peripheral view.

"Why would you?" She interrogated.

"I'd just find you sooner and love you longer," I turned my gaze to her. She bit the lower part of her lip to force herself not to smile. 

"Have you ever wonder why did I loved you?" She looks serious. How can she handle staring at me for a long period of time habang ako ay hindi makayanan ang titigan.

"Dahil gwapo ako?" I bragged but she just rolled her eyes at me. 

"Not that! Idiot." Bumalik ang pagkaseryoso sa mukha niya. "I love you, not for what you are.. but for what I am when I'm with you." 

I put my tounge on the insides of my cheek and smirked. I chuckled a bit and avoided her gaze dahil baka anong magawa ko sa kaniya. I scoffed and looked at her. 

"Do you know how the fuck you make my heart go beat thrice as usual?" I asked her and she chuckled.