Prologue

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This story contains jokes, mature and sensitive scenes, and words that are not appropriate for young readers. Read at your own risks.

If you are not aware, STE (Science, Technology and Engineering) is a special program that cultivates young student's learning capacity through advanced learning and lessons. It's formerly called SSC (Special Science Class) and only selected schools can have this kind of program.

Escape from Reality evolves around school, love, youth, dreams and reality about life. 

[Grammar and punctuation errors ahead. Enjoy reading!]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ma! Ang taas ng lagnat ni Brit," I was shouting at my mom who's now cooking at our kitchen.

"Bring her to doctor na kaya? I was cooking her for your dad at mukhang nagmamadali na rin siya dahil marami na daw tao sa venue nila!" She also shouted back at me. 

I was holding my thirteen-year old autistic sister and she's trembling with her cold. She's been like this since yesterday at hindi ko na alam ang gagawin. Mom is busy with her dish dahil dadalhin pa niya iyon kay Papa na nasa trabaho ngayon. 

I sighed and covered my face because of frustration. The hell! I felt pity for Brittany na hindi makapagsalita pero ramdam ko ang init niya. 

"Ma!" I shouted again. 

"Attorney Olivia Rivera, ang tanda mo na pero nagpapanic ka pa rin with just an ill child? Bring her to hospital!" My mom scolded me. 

Bakit parang kasalanan ko, Ma?

I exhaled a large amount of air before taking my sister to my car. "Brit, dalhin kita sa pedia mo ha, they might know what happened to you, okay?"

I tried talking to her as if she will answer me. Isinakay ko siya sa shotgun seat at binuksan ang favorite niyang kanta. She's smiling whenever she hears her favorite music. 

My sister, Brittany, is an austistic child with special needs. World today treats them as nuisance and trash but for me, she's a gold. She's a gem everyone would ask for. 

I love her so much. 

My phone rang as I drove to her pediatric hospital. It's Bernadette, my friend and secretary on my own law firm.

"What?" I said in my panicking voice. 

"Your clients are waiting madam, may gustong kumausap raw sayo." She said in her normal voice when she's just talking to me. 

"Sino daw?!" I irritably said. Matagal na akong nagdedecline sa ilang request ng mga companies dahil gusto ko munang mag-focus sa sarili kong firm. Ano bang hindi nila maintindihan?!

"Basta. Dalian mo nalang," she said. Did she want to lose her job or what?

"I'm on my way to Brit's pedia. Nagkasakit nanaman," I explained and turned down the call. Stress really likes me, kulang nalang ay asawahin na ako. 

I heard Brit's moans kaya lumingon ako sa kaniya. She's now having her tantrums and I noticed that her song just ended. I repeated it until we reached her hospital. 

Ibinaba ko siya sa kotse at inalalayan lumakad. She's so slow that I wanted to carry her but I just can't dahil nakasuot ako ngayon ng aking uniform. 

"Brit, take it faster," I said and opened the door. I bet it's her new pediatric hospital dahil ito ang bagong gawa dito at mas malapit sa amin, compared sa isa na sobrang layo pa from Manila. 

The hospital looks quite big kahit bagong tayo palang ito. It's name is-

Regalado Pediatric Clinic.

I froze when I read the name of the clinic infront of me. I almost forget to breathe. I am planning to bring her to other clinic pero nandito na kami at baka kumbulsyunin naman ang kapatid ko kung nag-inarte pa ako. 

My body's against by what I am doing. Well, maraming Regalado sa mundo. Hindi lang siya! 

I tried to calm myself before entering the facility and asks at the reception area. My heart is beating like I'm on a rock party. I am so frecking nervous!

"What's the name of the patient po?" The receptionist smiled at me and asks for my sister's name. 

"Brittany Gem Rivera," I tried myself to speak casual even though my heart is beating thrice as normal. 

"Doc is here, you can wait here for a moment." She pointed the seats infront of a door.

"M-miss, can I a-ask? Who's the pedia-in-charge with my sister?" I stuttered as I say those words, hoping it wasn't him. 

"Dr. Gavin Regalado, the owner of the clinic po."