Chapter 20

Third Person's POV

"Kumusta ang pag-aaral mo?"

Iyan ang mga katagang laging naririnig ng magkaibigang Oliver at Gabriel. It's like their worlds are running around studying only and it feels like hell for the both of them. They didn't want this kind of treatment, though. 

They are classmates of Batch 1998 and they are both the gem of the STE since they were freshmen. Oliver Rivera, the most courageous and committed president of the student's council, is the most scary enemy for the rest of the students but not with Gabriel, his closest friend. 

"Welcome students of 1998. We are now at the first day of the school year. I hope you have the greatest years of your life!" The sound comes from the audio speaker of the whole school. 

"Bro!" They greeted each other after seeing at the first day of their classes. They are now on their senior year or Grade 12 and this is their final year in highschool. 

"Kumusta? Long time no see!" Gabriel gave his friend the biggest smile he could give to someone. He treated him as his own brother kahit may mas bata pa itong kapatid na nagaaral din sa STE. 

"Ayos lang naman! Buti nga at nakapagpahinga ako dahil sabi nila ay ang senior year ang pinaka nakakapagod na year sa buong highschool." Oliver tapped his friend's shoulder and puts his arm around Gabriel. 

"Sabi nga nila," he chuckled and both walked heading to their room. 

"Si Tita Geneva pala ang adviser natin? That's cool!" Magiliw na wika ni Oliver. 

Geneva Regalado is the best known teacher of the whole school. She's good at everything maging sa pagpapalaki sa mga anak niya na sina Gabriel at Gavin.

"Ayoko nga na siya ang maging teacher natin dahil alam mo naman na iba ang maiisip ng ibang tao." He sounded sad, afraid of being criticized by other people. 

Oliver is known to be the most hardworking student in the class while Gabriel is the athletic one but he never joins athletic meet because of one reason; he doesn't want to skip lessons. 

Oliver is the ace of the school because of representing it in various contests outside school. He once asked Gabriel why don't he join meets. He got the body and skills of an athlete. 

"Alam mo naman na mahirap ang walang alam sa law. Even if I'm not that intelligent like you, I still need to be hardworking."   

That's the reason Gabriel gave to Oliver. He knows it will help him a lot in grading system pero iba ang prinsipyo ni Gabriel at ito ay ang matuto lamang para sa pangarap maging abogado.

Being like them is not a dream a normal student wants to be. Maybe for some people, they will call it hell when they themselves experience it. They just want to live a normal life but the expectations won't allow them.