Chapter 15

["Merry Christmas, babe!"]

I heard the fireworks over the phone. She greeted me lively and I can see how happy they were there. It's Christmas already and I felt the cold breeze of Baguio touched my skin. 

"Hindi pa Christmas, dito. Mamaya pa." I teased her. 

["Wow, feeling mo nasa abroad ka? Batukan kita tamo"] She laughed. I wish she could. 

"Join your family, first. Let's talk later?" I asked her but she pouted. She still wants to talk to me. 

I saw mom going near me and gave me pork barbecue. She noticed Olivia on my phone's screen kaya binati niya ito. "Iha! Merry Christmas!" She smiled wide.

["Hi po, Tita!] She also greeted mom, para silang mag-ina na magkausap sa Skype. 

"Oh! Maiwan ko muna kayo at maraming niluluto doon. I hope you have a merry christmas back there, iha." Mom smiled and left dahil nakikipagkwentuhan pa siya sa mga kapatid niya. 

I looked back at Olivia who's now smiling and eating her hotdog. [Matchy tayo! Inihaw din akin."] She laughed. 

I smiled at my view. She's the best view for me. I looked up the sky when I saw the colorful fireworks. "I wish you're here beside me." I looked back at her and smiled. 

["I'm here with you!"] She said and showed me the blue teddy bear na nakuha namin sa arcade. I smiled when I saw the pink one besides me. I showed it to her. 

We talked a little more at bumalik na rin kami sa kani-kaniyang celebration. We had a little party here at mayroon pang games. It looked like a mini reunion dahil nandito halos ang mga kapamilya namin sa side ni mama. 

"Do you want some barbecue?" I asked Natalia, my little niece. 

She nods her head and shyly picked the stick on my hands. She's so cute. 

"You really like kids, ano?" Kuya Gabriel approached me. He's on his sweater and drinking some wine.

"I'll be a pedia kaya sinasanay ko na ang sarili ko." I smiled at binuhat si Natalia. She ate her barbecue at inalok niya pa akong sumubo. I shooked my head at napatawa sa kacute-an niya. 

"You're so lucky to study what you want." He smiled bitterly and sipped his wine. I looked at him with sympathetic eyes. "I dreamt of being an lawyer. I'm not good at anything, unlike you," he added.

I tapped his shoulder. "You're good at something. Valedictorian ka nga e." I let out a chuckle. He just shrugged his shoulders. "Mom just want you to become better. Medyo mahigpit nga lang."

"Wala akong ginusto sa mga ginawa niya for me." He stepped out at nakihalubilo na ulit sa mga pinsan ko. 

The day after ay uuwi na kami. Nakapaglibot na rin kami dito sa Baguio before Christmas. I bought gifts for my friend and also for Olivia and his dad. I bought Olivia a camera lens kit na attachable sa phone since she loves photography and a simple necklace with a pendant on it. It's customized at ipinalagay ko sa pendant ay 'Gavin's'. I don't know if she will like it but I see how lame I am.