Chapter 32

"I don't fucking know what she's talking about."

I was frustrated by the messages Matilda sent me. I was here with Kendric dahil mag-kaklase kami sa subject namin sa Phil. Governance. I am keeping myself quiet dahil may klase kami ngayon. 

"I don't know that you have a fight with Matilda," he replied, whispering.

"I am not fighting with her. I am just casually saying the truth. Well, it's not my fault if she's hurting with the truth," sabi ko na nagpa-tawa naman sa kaniya. 

"You're really a bitch, huh." He chuckled and shook his head in disbelief. 

"I am really suspicious about you, too." Naningkit ang mata ko sa kaniya pero umiwas siya ng tingin sa akin. "What's your connection with Matilda?"

"I said, we are friends." He refused to look at me. "We are nothing." He stared back. "Are you jealous?"

Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay sa sinabi niya. Ako? Magseselos? Neknek niya. "Of course not!" Diniinan ko ang pagkakasabi no'n. 

"Then stop asking me those questions and just listen to the prof." He commanded me so I did. I just listened to the most boring subject I've ever encountered.

After the whole class ay maaga akong umuwi. It's only 3 PM but I am riding my motor back to the condo. The heat of the sun irritates me so much at sinabayan pa ng traffic!

Pagkarating sa condo ay wala pa rin si Gavin. My dog welcomed me with a lick on my shoes. Umupo ako at hinalikan siya sa ulo. "My shoes are dirty." Suway ko sa kaniya pero nag-likot lang siya sa harap ko. 

I gave him his food at nag-ayos muna sa loob ng bahay. I cleaned my room and also Gavin's dahil hindi ko iyon nalinis the last time I cleaned the condo. 

It's almost 5 when I finished cleaning the condo. Wala pa rin si Gavin dahil usually ay 6 PM ang uwi niya. I still have an hour so I just read some of my notes. 

I got bored for a while so I planned to just text Badet. I know she's into many problems right now dahil na rin sa estado ng buhay niya. 

To Bernadette

It feels unreal to not have you here. Go back, please. 

I suddenly felt sad by the fact that I am not with her through her downs. I waited for her reply at hindi naman siya natagalan. 

From Bernadette

Kaya mo 'yan Atty.!

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from crying. I remembered the day she said goodbye to me. I almost lost my breath because of my extreme cry.

I noticed myself crying again. I am always ending up crying and I hate that fact! I hate the most is that I can't do anything for people to stay.