1.1.4

Explanations And Excuses...

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, look, look, look. Here's the myth of lycanthropy." Allison spazzed, shoving the book towards Noah.

"You're gonna tell me I'm a werewolf. I didn't even get bit by anything!"

"I don't give a fuck what you are! Just read it!" Allison yelled.

"I touched a tree and you're hearing voices!" He argued.

"I will figure myself out later okay? As of right now, I need to help you, and from what I'm reading... you cant raise your pulse, otherwise, you might shift."

"Look at this," Noah said, ignoring her previous statement. He started showing her the pages about some sacred area called a Nemeton.

"It says some aren't as powerful as others... unless it is awakened. When that's the case, it can act as a supernatural beacon." He explained.

"Shit! Did we wake it?" Allison said in a panicking voice.

"We?! What do you mean, we?! This is all your fault!" Noah yelled at her.

"Oh really? Then, who's bright idea was it, to touch the damn thing!" He went to go respond, but Scott walked in and saw his mythology books everywhere.

"Where were you two? And what is going on here!" he yelled, gesturing towards the books.

"Um... I- w-we" his son stuttered.

"I was having a panic attack. Noah offered to drive me around until I felt better. We came here to let you know that we were sorry for skipping class, but you weren't here..." The girl felt like Scott was listening to her heartbeat.

"So, we started reading some of your books." Noah intervened.

"Yeah, I guess we didn't realize how much time actually passed, and now that you're staring at me like that... I wish I was dead." Allison finished, using sarcasm. Scott raised his eyebrows, but luckily, the teenage girl is a great liar. She always says it's a trick, you have to add some type of truth to it. She could easily manipulate her own heart rate, she thought of it as a game she had to win.

If there was one thing to know about Allison, it's that she was good at finding loopholes and beating people at their own game. One time in class she threw things at specific teens to make them react to the wrong person.

Soon enough she got everyone in the class to fight, simply because she was bored. Allison's not a mean person, the girl is always helping others and she's full of loyalty. Sometimes she just likes to let loose and cause a little chaos.

"Okay then." Scott pulled out his phone and texted his pack that he found the kids.

"Did you find anything interesting?" He asked the two kids in front of him.

"Oh, um..." Allison started flipping through pages randomly and stopped on one, but not on purpose. Her hand pointed to the picture and she heard a voice.

Divine move?... DIVINE MOVE!

"Divine move?" Allison said to herself.

"Wait... what did you just say?" Scott asked the girl, remembering the last time he heard the two words, divine move.

"Nothing." She quickly put the book down and shrugged, pulling Noah down to help her pick up the books scattered everywhere.

"Did you hear that?!" She quietly asked him.

"No." They picked up the books and shelved them, all except for one. Scott picked up the book she left open. He heard her heartbeat jump when she stopped on the page and he saw the creature: Nogitsune. Scott knew that couldn't just be a coincidence and called Stiles, while the two teens finished up their school day.

"Stiles..."

"What's up? Did you get any chemosignals?"

"Yes, but that's not the only thing," Scott explained.

"What do you mean?" Stiles asked.

"She was confused and a little scared, but her heart jumped when she was looking through one of my books. She stopped on the page with the nogitsune on it and then whispered 'divine move' like someone just said it to her."

"Divine move? The nogitsune? Scott, That's impossible, we trapped it. It couldn't have gotten out. Right...?" Stiles started to panic.

"Right, but think about it... those nightmares, her yelling 'I can't let them in', and the questions about fireflies," Scott told his best friend.

"I'll talk to Lydia... Scott if this thing is back, I don't want it near my daughter. The things it made me do..." Stiles continued.

"I know." Scott did his best to comfort him. As the teenagers walked out of the building and to Allison's truck, Noah accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh my God! Hey Katelynn, how are you? You look great, we should go out sometime!" He practically threw up the words. Allison started to laugh at him when Katelynn didn't even respond.

"You know, I'm beginning to think she likes you." Allison joked around and Noah glared at her.

"Ha, ha, very funny. Why don't you just set me up with her? You guys are friends!" He pressured.

"I'm friends with Tara, I talk to Katelynn every once in a while... besides you have a new die-hard crush every year, and every time I set you up, you ruin it!" Allison argued.

"That's because it never feels right!" Noah complained.

"Ew, I didn't need to know that!" She said, making a throw-up sound.

"No! I mean, I feel like once I'm with them... they're not the person I want to be with." They stopped walking and stared at each other.

"Then who do you want to be with?" Allison asked. "Katelynn?"

"No... yes... I mean... I don't know!" Noah continued. "Anyway, wanna hang out with me and Travis later?"

"Odekah?" She questioned.

"How many other Travis' do we know?" Noah questioned, causing them both to laugh.

"Imma have to take a rain check. I love hanging out with Odekah, but the full moon's tomorrow. I have to figure out how to chain you or handcuff you, or whatever, to keep you from killing people. Then I got to figure out why I sound like I belong in a mental institution." Allison laughed at the amount of research she had to do and the little time she actually had to do it.