33

Day 2

Jimin struggled to open his eyes, gazing at the alarm clock that blared— he shut it off with irritation before turning his head.

Taehyung wasn't in bed.

He hummed in confusion before making his way downstairs, out of Jungkook's room. He looked down at the railing and spotted Jungkook bent over a counter, holding his head in his hands, he seemed tired or.. something unfamiliar, Jimin wanted to find out.

"Jungkook?" Jimin called out, strolling down the stairs. He glanced up at the youngest who turned around,
"Hey." Jungkook replied softly, the shortest examining the bags under his eyes.
"...Didn't get any sleep?" Jimin asked Jungkook who shrugged.
"It was a bad night."

     "Where's Namjoon?" The shortest asked.
"We broke up." Jungkook blurts out, with no emotion whatsoever.

"Wha— Oh, stop fuckin' around." Jimin smiled.
"I'm being serious."

      Taehyung groaned out and slowly rose himself up from the cold bathroom floor, a splitting headache rushed to greet him once he dragged his shirt on. He glanced down at the floor confused before opening the bathroom door and heading up the stairs, gazing at Jimin and.. Jungkook.

Some of his blurred memories came back to life, he recalled the other night and realized what he had done— it was irreversible and it was time to face it, head on. Taehyung broadened his eyes as he stared directly at Jungkook.

The youngest was bombarded by questions, he truly did not want to recall the events from last night— he was getting frustrated easily and couldn't keep himself from tipping over.
"Jimin! Fuck, we're over! Stop asking!" Jungkook snapped, and the shortest flinched.
"Sheesh, who twisted your panties?"

Jungkook scoffed, gazing away and randomly making eye contact with Taehyung who passed by them. The two immediately look away from each other, avoiding eye contact before Taehyung passed him a cup of coffee.
"Good morning." The two said in unison.

They stared at each other before Taehyung sauntered away, his head low.

"What the.. Hello? Taehyung?" Jimin quirked a brow, following Taehyung to the living room, watching the tallest turn around, he looked pissed— pissed, tired, irritated. "Um.. where were you?"

"Home." Taehyung dryly responds.
"Home?" Jimin repeats, watching him stroll off, following after him, "Why did you go home? Was something wrong?"

"Not at all."
_

      The three arrived to school late, they strolled the halls in silence which was pretty unusual.
"It just didn't work out.." Jungkook muttered his answer to Jimin, who sharply turned his head.
"What?"
"Me and Namjoon.. it just started getting weird." Jungkook shrugged, keeping his head low and his gaze to the dirty school tiles floors. He couldn't keep eye contact with his best friend.

"But.. you guys were perfectly fine." Jimin sighed out, and Jungkook shrugged once more.
"Sometimes things just don't work out."
"Well.. let's change the subject. Have you guys picked out your suits? For the dance? I have." The shortest beams, and the other two cleared their throats awkwardly. "Are you serious? Don't get mad when your favorite suits are sold out or whatever."

Jimin glanced to Taehyung who looked like he had risen from his grave. Eye bags, bloodshot eyes, pale lips. He seemed like the life was sucked right out of him, and they made eye contact.
"Hey.. are you okay?" Jimin asks, grasping onto Taehyung's hand.

The tallest gazed down at the shortest male for a couple of seconds, before nodding.
_

Taehyung erupted in the bathroom, holding Jungkook's hand as he pinned him against the wall. The youngest had wide eyes, staring up at Taehyung who gazed down at him.
"Jungkook, what did I do yesterday. What did I tell you?" He grieved, watching the youngest's face turn red in humiliation as he checked if there were anyone in the stalls.

   "..Last night.." Jungkook began, "..you told me everything, about your mother, your dad and your sister. You told me what happened, and that Jimin's parents.. they.." He lowers his voice to a whisper, "..they were involved in everything."

   Taehyung gazed to Jungkook with misery, he felt terrible for what he'd done. Jungkook was a sweet boy, he was gorgeous, but he wasn't for him.
"And..?"

"..We had sex." Jungkook frets, drawing out a shaky breath, his tone lathered in regret.

   The two sat in silence, Taehyung covering his face with his closed knuckles, groaning out in frustration— reminding Jungkook of all the noises they made last night— when they fucked passionately and left no strings attached.. they think.
"Listen, I'm so fucking sorry." Taehyung began, "I was blasted, I can't even remember— I mean, I do.. But it took a while for me to even remember what time I got at your house."

   Taehyung picked up Jungkook's hand, gripping it.
"But.. why'd you do it?"

    Jungkook was taken aback from the question, embarrassed even. He wasn't sure how to answer it, either. He thought back to last night, the emotions he felt when Taehyung first kissed him, he felt like he was engulfed in a fire... He couldn't and didn't want to stop what happened, and that's why he'd undergo so much regret, and pure shame. But the dirty feeling of doing something wrong consumed him.
"Jungkook.." Taehyung blurts out.
"Wh—.. Yeah?" The youngest muttered, now snapped out of his trance.
   "..You have a boner." Taehyung commented without any shame, and the youngest glanced down to his pants, a slight bulge was visible, he tried to think thoughts that would bring it down. But it was stubborn.

"Why'd I do it..?" Jungkook repeats, lowering his head. "That's the thing.. I don't know why I did."

   "I want you to know I'd never do that if I was sober, okay? I.." Taehyung sighs out in frustration, gazing at Jungkook that gulped. "It was a mistake, and I know that's a huge mistake, but I promise you I'd never hurt your relationship like that."

   Jungkook felt a little hurt by those words, he couldn't describe why he did. It was a one-time, never again thing. Why couldn't he just let it go?

    "I did it because we were both hurt." Jungkook palmed his lips together briefly. "You felt horrible, I felt horrible. And it felt.. so fucking good to be wrong, it felt so fucking.. amazing. I couldn't stop you, I didn't want to."

   "How are we gonna tell Jimin.. hm?" Taehyung asks, holding the back of Jungkook's waist, "Or Namjoon."
"I broke up with him this morning.. I don't want to tell him." The youngest whispered.

   "Why would you do that, Jungkook?" Taehyung raised his brows in shock, harshly whispering.
   "Because I liked fucking you! I'm not supposed to like it when you fuck me, I was s-supposed to fucking deny it and push you away!" Jungkook exclaimed, while keeping his voice down.

"But you like Namjoon." Taehyung laments, and Jungkook lowered his head.
   "People who like each other don't fuck other people.." Jungkook mumbled, "And that probably goes to you too.. do you really like Jimin..?"

Taehyung's fingers twitched at the question,
"Of course I like him."

Jungkook squinted,
"Taehyung, have you been drinking?"

   The tallest silenced himself, and the youngest shook his head.
"How are you gonna learn from your mistake if you keep drinking? Give yourself time to think."
   "Then let me come over your house tonight." Taehyung blurts out.

   "Alright, I have no problem with that." Jungkook shrugged. "But we have to figure out a way to tell Jimin.. I don't think we—.."

   "He'll be fine when I tell him." Taehyung nodded, "He's done stuff with Namjoon before you got with him. Told me himself." Taehyung grins, staring down at Jungkook before he swung the bathroom door open, leaving.

"What the fuck..?" Jungkook pants out, his heart pounding rapidly.
_