3

"Hello Lalisa. "

"Oh, hello Taehyung."

Taehyung and Lalisa weren't as close as friends but they were closer than acquaintances. Taehyung liked to call themselves frienquaintaces.

That was where Lalisa understood why his friends called the extremely gorgeous guy (well, at least not as gorgeous as Jungkook to her) an alien..., he was very weird.

"Are you here to watch the basketball practice?", Taehyung asked her as he took a seat next to her on one of the benches in the basketball court.

"No.", she shook her head.

"Then I'm guessing you're here to watch my best friend.", he stated.

"Exactly.", she nodded her head.

"You, know I really admire you Lalisa?"

"Huh?"

"You're one heck of a girl."

"I don't get it."

"You've got a strong determination. You've kept pursuing him since 6th grade for 5 years yet even after he keeps on rejecting your feelings, you still don't give up."

"I just really like him."

"You know, Jungkook isn't really perfect. He's got his flaws. And I as his best friend know that better than anyone else."

"I know. He's perfectly imperfect."

"Sometimes I wonder what you like about that crackhead of a best friend of mine."

"I don't believe you need a reason to like a person. It all depends on the heart."

"You're a real special girl Lalisa."

"Huh?", she asked, a slight pout on her lips.

"And pretty adorable too.", he ruffled her hair lightly before descending onto the court where he should've been 15 minutes ago for practice.

Lalisa sighed dreamily as she stared at her 5 year long crush.

Jungkook could feel the stares of his admirer from the benches.

Jungkook knew that she knew he was very well aware of her presence yet he chose to ignore her completely.

He never gave her the slightest glance, not in all his 3 years of joining the basketball team nor in his 8 years of enrolling into the academy.

Jungkook watched as his best friend descended onto the court, late as usual.

Even their coach had given up on his punctuality.

"Why are you late?"

Taehyung was quite taken aback by the question. Even their teammates that heard the question were shocked.

"Why? You never cared before. Are you suddenly growing feelings for me?", Taehyung laughed as Jungkook rolled his eyes at his question.

"I went to the bathroom."

"Oh."

"And I was also talking to your girlfriend over there."

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Hmm, okay.", Taehyung proceeded to walk away and get in in some action until...

"I never knew you were close with Lailsa."

Once again, Taehyung was taken aback by Jungkook's speech.

"Well, since you're so interested-"

"I'm not interested. I just want to know."

'But doesn't that mean interest?', Taehyung wondered.

"Hmm, okay? Lalisa and I are what you call, frienquaintaces." And with that, Taehyung walked away to join in on the practice session leaving a confused and slightly annoyed Jungkook.