32

"I really feel bad for Jimin.", Lalisa sighed.

"Why? What happened?", Jennie asked resting her chin in her palm with her elbow in the table.

"He just broke up with his girlfriend, Seulgi. Her family's moving to the States and most probably won't ever be coming back to Korea. You know how long distance relationships are and so unfortunately they had to break up. Jimin isn't taking it too well.", Lalisa explained.

"Aw, that's so romantic.", Jennie sighed.

"What?", Lalisa's eyebrows furrowed.

"It's romantically sad. How two lovers had to break apart because of the girl's parents.", Jennie explained.

"Jen, I think you should lay off k-dramas for a while.", Lalisa scrunched her nose as she stared at her friend.

"Ugh, why is math so difficult?!", Jisoo groaned, speaking up for the first time since both her friends started their conversation.

"It'll only be difficult if you think that it's difficult.", Lalisa spoke thoughtfully, surprising both girls.

"Really?", Jisoo asked.

"...no, math is difficult. Only geniuses such as myself can really comprehend the secrets and tricks of mathematics."

"Pssht.", Jisoo snorted

"Um, Lisa..."

All three girls turned their heads to the new yet familiar voice.

"What do you want?", Jennie sneered.

"Listen, I don't want any trouble. I just want to talk.", the girl responded.

"What could you possibly want to talk about?", Jisoo fired.

"I just want to talk. Nothing more."

"Fine. What do you have to say?", Jennie asked.

"Um, I want to talk to Lisa...alone.", the girl fiddled with her fingers, something they had never seen before.

"Whatever you want to say to Lisa you can say in front of us.", but Jennie wasn't easily moved.

"It's okay guys. She just wants to talk. It's not like she's gonna murder me.", Lalisa joked, to ease her friends.

"But how do we know?", Jisoo rubbed her chin, narrowing her eyes as if she was in one of those mystery thriller movies.

"Guys don't worry. I know her, or at least, I thought I did.", Lisa's words seemed to strike a nerve in the girl.

Both girls walked silently out of the classroom.

"I'm sorry."

"There's a shock.", Lalisa rolled her eyes, sarcasm dripping from her tongue.

"I was a bitch to you and you totally didn't deserve all of my attitude."

"What happened Rosé? You used to be my best friend. And then you changed, all of a sudden. If I remember clearly, I tried to reach out to you, but then you just...pushed me away. I was so confused, hurt even more. That the first friend I ever made would turn out to be that way."

"Listen, I'm sorry okay. I-I didn't mean, I didn't want any of what happened to happen. It's just, Jungkook was my first friend. He had been there for me ever since the third grade. And then suddenly you showed up and he started paying more attention to you. I might be sounding like a selfish little brat but it's true. You might not have noticed but I did. I really didn't mind that he paid attention to you. I was cool with it. Bit then he started to ignore me. Promises we made to each other since the third grade were slowly forgotten until there was nothing left. I thought maybe if I made myself better and be bolder he would pay a little bit of attitude to me, but no. Even now, others thought that Jungkook and I were a thing but no. Jungkook was never interested in me in that way and the funny thing is I'm not either. I guess, I just got confused with wanting his attention back, wanting the old Jungkook back, wanting the boy who saved me from bullies in third grade back. But I guess in my quest for that, I lost my best friend. I'm really sorry Lisa. I totally understand if you don't forgive me but I just-"

Lalisa embraced the girl and that was the cue for Rosé's tears to fall. Lalisa always knew Rosé was a cry baby. It was one of the things she liked about her.

Not the fact that she cried, but rather how her cheeks would puff up and she'd look even more like a chipmunk than she already did.

She loved the Rosé who loved food with all her body, heart, mind and soul.

She loved the Rosé who was open about her emotions.

She loved the Rosé who would gush over Ryan Gosling and still pledge her loyalty to The Rock.

She loved the Rosé who was her best friend in the sixth grade.

Slowly, they both pulled away from each other.

"Hi, I'm Lalisa but you can call me Lisa. I love Gong Yoo.", Lalisa smiled, putting out her hand.

"Hi, I'm Roseanne Park but I'd prefer it if you called me Chaeyoung or Chaeng. I love Ryan Gosling but don't tell anyone else my husband The Rock might misunderstand and think I'm unfaithful.", Chaeyoung smiled, accepting her hand in a handshake.

Both girls embraced each other once again.

"I missed you Chipmunk."

"I missed you too Limario."