11

"What are you doing here?", Lalisa folded her arms, a frown evident on her face as she glared at the two people standing in the middle  of her living room.

"You could at least offer us a seat.", the woman said.

"You could at least leave.", Lalisa shot back, her frown deepening.

The woman sighed before turning to her husband.

"We need to talk.", the man spoke for the first time since they arrived

"Really? What about? I don't think I can recall needing to have a conversation with you people after you sent me off to another country to live with my grandmother at an age where the only thing I craved for was my parents' love, care and attention but no. My own parents decided to abandon me and for what? For their business. How funny is that?", Lalisa chuckled dryly.

"So, what do you wanna talk about?", Lalisa sat on the couch, crossing her legs.

"Honey, we're sorry.", Lalisa's mother broke down.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me. Is this some kind of joke? You're sorry?! Sorry isn't going to bring back the seven years of my life where you abandoned me!", Lalisa lashed out.

"Lalisa we've realized our mistake. We've seen our faults. We've-"

"Is that what you flew all the way from Thailand to tell me? Well I'm sorry to inform you but it was a waste of time. I suggest you fly back and go attend your business which is apparently more important than your own daughter.", Lalisa cut her father off.

"I know how angry you are right now and you have every right to be. What we did was unforgivable. No parent should ever do that, no mother should ever do that. And I regret it so so much. Believe it or not we actually did it for you. We wanted a better life for you and we didn't want you to feel lonely even as we were around-"

"So you decided to send me away?", Lalisa chuckled humorlessly.

"We want to set things right. Your father and I want to be involved in your life once more-"

"No, no, no, no. You don't just show up and decide to re-enter my life. You can't just come back and everything will be okay!", Lalisa cried, the tears she had been trying so hard to hide finally letting loose.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. We should have never done that to you.", her mother cried, hugging Lalisa.

"Do you know how many nights I cried myself to sleep, just wondering if I ever did something wrong to make my parents want to send me away.", Lalisa cried.

"No princess, you could never do anything like that. This was all our fault.", Lalisa's father took a seat next to the crying girl, taking her hands in his.

"Let us start again Lalisa. Let us be the parents we should've been. Allow us to be reunited with our only daughter.", Lalisa cried even harder and buried herself deeper into her mother's arms.

"Let's be one happy family.", Lalisa's father joined in the hug.

One happy family..., Lalisa repeated in her mind.

She could finally have her parents back. They could finally be a happy family, like the ones she saw in the movies.

One happy family..., she smiled to herself.

***

Hi guys,

We finally know the deal between Lalisa and her parents. Wow~
So, I tried to write a very emotional scene here and mind you, I suck at emotional drama but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

Love,
Hannie❤.