Ch. 24

Demi's pov

A week. That's how long it took for Phoenix to get better. But even now she's still trying to fully bounce back. She's still very tired and having a hard time eating. She's always had a hard time eating but not is more than ever.

"Hey Demi, Phoenix's dads coming to the show tonight." Phil says.

My heart stops beating as I turn my head to him, "No he's not." I argue.

"He is. It was that or him take her off the tour. I figured you'd prefer her to stay on tour and deal with her dad for a night over him pull her off tour." He says.

The dressing room door opens and Phoenix walks in with Harley looking nervous at Phil. Meanwhile Harley shows her disliking at him by growling.

"Stop it Harley." Phoenix says quietly as she pulls the leash away from my manager.

I smirk at the sight of him leaving the dressing room due to the growling dog.

"Phoenix, hun, your dad will be coming to the show tonight." I say.

I see the fear in her eyes as she gives me a fake smile, "Really?" She asks with fake happiness.

I know she doesn't know that I'm aware her father abuses her so it's important for me to play along. I know he'll hurt her tonight and I need to be there for her when she does get hurt.

"Yeah." I fake smile.

"What time is he coming?" She asks.

"I'm not sure, Phil just told me when you were outside walking Harley." I say.

"Oh ok." She fake smiles.

My heart is aching right now. I do not want her dad here. I do not want to see Phoenix get hurt. I do not want her to be scared. But if her dads here, I know all 3 will happen.

Phoenix's pov

Terrified. That's what I feel right now. Just terrified. He didn't even tell me he was coming. I didn't even know this until now. Why is he here? Is it because I haven't been singing the past few nights. I feel like that's definitely why. Because it's too coincidental for him to show up after I not sing for a week. He's come to give me my consequences because of that decision. I already know that.

I want to cry. I really do. I know it's gonna hurt. I haven't been beaten in a while, everything's almost healed. It's going to hurt. I'm not used to it anymore. I'm used to Demi touching me and it be comforting. Not abusive.

Thinking about my dad is scary in itself. I feel anxiety, my stomach feels sick, my body gets hot, I just have a million thoughts going through my head with awful memories he's given me. But seeing him in person is much worse. I've been able to even not thinking about him now that I've learned to trust Demi. My minds on her, not my dad. But all of thats about to be ruined. All the progresses I've made is about to be lost.

The one person I trust, is about to become someone I no longer trust. All the walls I've let down are about to be rebuilt. Everything I've felt because of Demi, is about to be lost. I'm going to go back to square one, I already know.

There's no way in hell after my dad that I'll go back to this. No way. It's not going to happen. I can't. He made me the way I am. I'm this way because he hasn't been here. But he is here.

"Yeah she's in here with Demi right now." Phil says.

"When can I see her?"

"Right now I'm sure. She's about to go do soundcheck." I hear Phil say.

I get up from the couch, "Phoe-" I hear demi Starr but she's cut off by the door closing behind me.

I see my dad fake a smile, "Hey Phoenix." He says.

"Hi." I say.

"I'll give you two some time." Phil says.

I give a small nod and he walks off and I look to my dad, "Bathroom. Now." He growls.

I walk down the hallway quickly desperate to get away from Demi and allow her to know this secret in my life. I don't want Demi to have any idea where I am whole this happens. It's what's best.

I open the bathroom door and let my dad in and he locks it behind us, "You fucking brat! You're embarrassing me! A whole fucking week off?!" He yells before shoving me into the bricks wall of the bathroom.

My head hits the wall causing an immediate migraine like feeling. I look at him to see his fist fly towards my face. Before I have a chance to even blink, his fist connects with my eye.

"All you have to do is fucking sing and you can't even do that?! You're so fucking worthless! I wish your mother would've aborted you, you're nothing but a mistake!"

I wish she did too. You have no idea how much I wish you both would've just aborted me. I wouldn't have the life I have now if you had. Why couldn't I be the one to die over my mom?

I feel his foot on my leg before he kicks my foot off the floor and I fall onto the floor where I hit my head against the brick wall yet again.

Please for the love of god let me hit my head so hard I have a concussion and go to sleep. I don't want to see or feel any more of what's about to happen.

"You're nothing but a spoiled brat!" He yells.

I feel a kick in my ribs and that just makes it hard to breathe. Every breath I take is now just painful. Extremely painful.

"Had I not been so drunk you'd have never fucking happened! Fucking damn it!" He yells kicking me harder than the last time.

I bite my lip to hold back my screams. All I want to do is scream. That's it.

"Take you're fucking clothes off now." He growls.

This is about to hurt. It's about to really hurt.

Demi's pov

I rush out of the dressing room and Phoenix is no where to be seen. I run to Max's next, "Where is she?" I panic.

"I saw her walk with her dad down the hallway. I didn't want to intrude on them, so I decided it was best to let them have some space." He says.

No. No. No. No. No.

The last thing her dad should have is no supervison with her.

"I need you to find her. Like now." I say.

"That's her da-"

"I said what I said. Find her max." I hiss.

I don't care if he's her dad or not. A parent doesn't abuse their child. He's not her dad, he's a monster. I've been a better parent to Phoenix than he ever has been. I'll continue to be as well. As far as I'm concerned, she's my child now. And I will do everything in my power to keep her safe.