Ch. 25

Demi's pov

I watch a man rush out of the bathroom and I quickly run in to see Phoenix on the floor of the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and I see a puddle of blood between her legs.

She sits in the corner of the bathroom shaking with tears running down her face and I sit beside me, "Please no! Don't hurt me!" She panics.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's just me. I'm not gonna hurt you Nix. I've got you. I promise." I say softly.

She turns her head to me and it's only then when I see the bruising of her face. Many areas are slightly swollen and I can't even imagine the amount of pain this little girl is in.

I stand up and get a wet paper towel and sit back down beside her. I very carefully wipe the blood from her lip and she flinches each time I do so, "Let's go to the dressing room hun. Let's get you out of here." I say.

"I-I-i- can't-t-t move-e-e." She stutters.

"Can I pick you up?" I ask and she nods.

"I'll do my best to not move you too much." I say and she nods.

I pick her up and I listen to her sob as I do that. I know I only added to her pain. That hurts me to know.

I walk carry Phoenix to my dressing room where Max already is standing, "Lock it Max."

He does as I say and Phoenix wraps her arms around my neck tight. I see the fear in her face as she looks at Max.

"I need to get her to a hospital. Tell Phil, Nick can fend for himself tonight. Also that if he wants to leave me over this, so be it." I say.

"Demi I can't let you leave alone." He argues.

"You're going to have to. I need to do this alone. I need to do what's best for Phoenix and what's best for Phoenix is for it to just be the two of us. She's hurt and scared enough." I say.

Max looks at Phoenix in my arms and gives a small nod leads the way outside. He unlocks the rental car and I get Phoenix buckled up in the passengers seat and it's only then when I see the blood on my arm from where I was holding her.

My stomach just drops at the sight. She's bleeding from her vagina. He raped her. But not only did he rape her, he had to have done a lot of damage for her to be bleeding like this. I didn't know where the blood was coming from, but I certainly didn't expect it to come from where it is.

"Do you need an alcohol wipe?" He asks

"I'll be fine. I need to get her to the hospital." I say.

He tosses me the car keys and I get into the drivers seat as he walks into the arena. I turn my head to Phoenix, "Don't leave me, please. I don't want to go there alone." She cries.

I shake my head, "No sweetheart. I'm not going to leave you, you have my word on that. I'm going to stay right here in Boston with you. I don't care how long we're here. I'm going to be right here with you." I say.

I can't leave her. I don't have it in me to leave her. If Phil expects me to leave her, I'll leave him. It's not going to happen and I'll be disgusted if he even asks.

I listen to her quickened breathing and I take her hand and hold it tight, "I've got you Phoenix. Ok? You're with me and I will do everything in my power to keep you safe from this point forward."

"You don't even know what happened." She cries.

"Hun, I do. You don't have to tell me. I know he's abusive. You can't hide the bruises as well as you think you can. Angel, I've known. I've known for a bit. But I didn't want to push you to tell me anything." I say.

"It hurts." She sobs.

My heart just bleeds. I know it hurts. I know she's got to be in so much pain right now.

I rush to the hospital as quickly as I can and get Phoenix in quickly as to. Being me does have its perks at times. Getting Phoenix into an emergency room and with a doctor, is definitely one.

"Can we have her change into the hospital gown?" A nurse asks.

I look at Phoenix who just stares at me with horror with everything going on around her, "May I have a few moments with her?" I ask.

She nods and all the doctors clear out of the room, "Phoenix I'm right her angel. I'm going to stay right here. I know this is scary, I do. But they only want to help you. I promise." I say.

"Ok." She whimpers.

"Do you mind if I help you change?" I ask.

She shakes her head and I do my best do do it quickly for her. It's the second I finish when the doctor walks in.

I hold her small hand reassuringly, "Ok Phoenix. I know this is uncomfortable and a bit scary. But I have to look down there to see why you might be bleeding so much." The doctor says.

Phoenix looks at me with tears as her lip quivers, "I'll do my absolute best to do it as quick as I can. It might hurt a little, if it does, tell me and I'll stop." The doctor says.

Phoenix only cried causing the doctor to frown, "I know sweetheart. I know. It's scary. But this isn't normal and the only way to fix it is to know why it's happening." I say.

"Ok." She cries.

The doctor gets below Phoenix and I keep my eyes on Phoenix not wanting her to feel so exposed. I'm sure it's hard to show a doctor that, let alone have someone else watch.

"You're such a brave and strong little girl." I say wiping her tears.

"No I'm not." She cries.

"Oh yes you are." I say.

"No." She cries.

"Phoenix you've been through so much and are so much stronger than I am. I don't know how you do it angel. I don't." I say.

The second the doctor tries to examine her Phoenix jumps back and screams. Panic fills her face and she immediately clings onto my body. I wrap my arms around her protectively and kiss the top of her head.

This hurts. I think this might just be the hardest situation I've ever been in. I don't know how to fix it for her. I wish I did, I wish I had the answers, but I don't. We have to do this and I don't know if Phoenix can do this or not. So much has happened in a single day and it's just piling on top of her. I hate this so much. I'm hurting with her.