Mermaid 🌀❤️

Preview: I never liked aquariums and how they treat the animals there. Maybe that's why it wasn't hard for the mermaid to convince me with only his eyes to break him out.

Ship: ShinKami

"Pwease Denki! Pwease!!!" My little sister begged as she pulled on my arm. I sighed.

"Fine Eri. Go get ready and we will head to the aquarium in ten." She cheered before running to get ready.

I don't know why she loves the aquarium but she does. To me it's creepy. All the fish trapped in a cage, only goal in life to swim circles to entertain humans. The shows get depressing after watching them repeatedly. The frowns on the animals become more obvious. And don't get me started on that mermaid.

~~~~~

"Twis way! Twis way!" Eri shouted as she tugged on my arm. I attempt to match her enthusiasm but fail. She's a seven year old in a metaphorical candy shop and I'm a sixteen year old surrounded by depressed animals.

After tugging me around for over two hours I sign her up for one of the shows so I can have a half hour of peace. She doesn't mind though as she skips in the dark room with the dolphins. I simply wander around only to find a unopened door.

I frown as most of the stuff in the aquarium is open. With a shake of my head I open the door to find a large ball room. Several tables are set up and there is a huge glass chandelier but that's not the center of attention. The left wall is covered mostly by a half circle of glass with the inside filled with water, coral, some small fish, and a mermaid. A mermaid.

With careful long strides I make my way to the glass. The mermaid isn't facing me, instead he is cornered on the side of the rock wall with his head turned the other side of glass with kids surrounding it excitedly. They can't see me most likely since I have never seen this spot and I just was over there with Eri.

I let myself take in the details of the mermaid. He has lavender purple hair along with violet eyes and a plum colored tail. His tail, it is a beautiful tail. With light colored wisps off the sides and a lighter tail. He has darker purple colored scales with a few white colored scales.

I move my glaze back up to see his strong biceps. Even though he isn't facing me I know for a fact he has a clear six pack. All in all he is super buff and I don't feel embarrassed to say that he's hot.

As I'd he heard my thoughts his head turned around and we make eye contact. Within seconds he makes his way over to me and my breath hitches. Most of the time I'm pushed back by the toddlers and surrounded by people but right now I'm alone and standing directly in front of the glass.

For a moment we just stare at each other before he careful lifts a hand to the glass. I look at him wide eyed as he keeps his hand flat. With a second of hesitation I lift my hand. He tenses and almost removes his hand but I stop moving my hand. We stay like this for a bit before I take a chance and quickly move my hand to the glass.

He jumps at my sudden movement but doesn't remove his hand. We stare at each others hands but after a second he jumps again this time swimming away from my hand. I frown because I didn't do anything.

With frantic and hurried glances he looks at me. My frown only grows along with my confusion until I see a scuba diver jump into the water. We share a desperate look and the scuba diver shoots a tranquilizer dart at him. His eyes flutter shut and I force myself not to spill a tear.

Before you think I'm cold hearted this isn't unheard of. They need to knock him out so they can feed the fish and clean the cage. For some reason none of them believe that he won't try to kill them if he's awake. I wouldn't blame him if he did.

~~~~~

I'm stupid. So very stupid.

Currently I stand inside of the aquarium right outside of the ball room. It's the middle of the night and for some stupid reason I decided to try to save the mermaid.

How? I don't know. Why? I'm a sucker for those eyes of his.

I open the door and it creaks. I don't remember it creaking last time I opened it but I did. I carefully make my way to the glass. Within seconds the mermaid arrived back in front of me. This time he doesn't raise his hand to the glass as it was the reason he got shoot with the tranquilizer dart.

"Can," I hesitate worried that he can't hear me. "Can you tell me how to get to your tank?"

He hesitates and I can tell he heard me.

"My name is Kaminari and I'm only trying to help." I say trying to help calm him down.

He gulps before speaking with a honey like voice. "The door is on your right." A beat. "I'm Shinso."

I smile at him before taking long strides to the door. I open it to see stairs going only one way and climb up them. Soon I find my self above the huge tank and Shinso swims to the top. He looks at me expectantly.

"Do you know where a tarp or something is?" He points at a carrier that one would use to cary a dolphin to and from different tanks. I pull it out and drag it to the edge of the tank. We stare at each other.

"Hurry and jump up already!" I snap at him and he winces.

He responds with a glare. "You need two people to use that."

I look down a surely he's right. Great. That means I'm going to have to carry him by hand.

I take a shaky breath. "O-Okay. This is how this is going to work, I'm going to pick you up bridal style then carry to to my car. From there I'll drive you to the ocean and you will swim away. Got it?"

He nods his head.

"Here. Jump up on to the edge." I pay the edge of the tank and he jumps on to the spot. I slip my arms around his back and under the bend of his tail. His scales tickling my right arm.

"Three.. two.. one!" Shinso said giving me to the go to pick him up. Him being over six feet and made of muscle made him heavy. I staggered to the door with my entire 5'6 self.

Eventually I somehow make it to the car. I place him in the passenger side panting.

"O..Okay, now all that's left is-" I start.

"Hey! Freeze right there!" A security cop calls.

I quickly stand up and rush to the drivers side. I hit on the gas. "Shit."

I go zooming out of the parking lot holding tightly on to the wheel. Shinso grips on my shoulder. I hear the sirens going off as I drive as fast as I can. Soon more sirens can be heard but I payed them no place in mind once I saw the water.

I pull on to the sand and come to an abrupt stop. I jump out and rush to Shinso's side. I grab him and push my self past my limits as I run to the water.

The cop cars come to an abrupt stop. "Stop right there!" One of them yelled.

With a bright smile I give them the finger and placed the boy at the edge of the water.

"Swim!" Shout at him.

He looks at me worriedly before glancing at the cops behind me. "What about-"

"GO!" I shout. This time he listens before giving me one last worried look.

He swims off into the night and I smile gleefully as a police officer cuffs me. He's free.