School Shooting🖤⚠️

Preview: Dear Therapist Man, I'll explain what happened but only if you grant me one thing...

Warning: Talks about a school shooting, people get hurt, and it's kinda a no quirks au (it never really says if there is quirks or not but in my head there weren't any)

Ship: ShinKami

Dear Therapist Man,

It started with all the lights in the building turning off. Not even the back up lights stayed on.

"Shinso..." I had said so fearfully. I always have hated the dark. I still do.

"It's fine Denki. The lights will be back on soon." He grabbed my hand to help ground me. They never ended up coming back on.

We continued our walk to class normally or semi normally. Shinso was like a cat, easily shifting to be able to see in the dark. I'm not like that so I had to drag my hand along the lockers making the locks jingle with each touch. I shouldn't have been so loud.

We had left the class because Bakugou had got in a fight and we were witnesses. Of course I covered for him the best I could during it as Shinso stayed impassive. The only reason he got in a fight was because of two reasons: Kirishima luckily didn't come to school that day and the person insulted us.

Shinso was humming a slight tune as we walked. I think it was an intro to a kid TV show because he was always watching them with Eri, his little sister.

Speaking of her, how's she doing? I know I'm suppose to stay on track but no one will let me talk to them anymore and I just want to know how she is handling everything.

It was relaxing in a way but like I said before we were being too loud. As soon as we rounded the corner they already were expecting us. I couldn't see anything but Shinso did. That's why he was the one to yell 'Run!' or 'Look out!' but it was too quick for me. Then there were the shots.

How do I describe what it was like? The amount of fear and shock and confusion was overwhelming. The gunshots abounded like fireworks and that's what I thought it was at first. I literally thought, Did someone set off fireworks inside? I know, dumb. Well you won't say (at least to me) that that was dumb because it's your job not to.

Anyways, they didn't hit us the first time. If I had ran with Shinso afterward neither of us would have gotten hurt. He was yelling at me and tugging on my wrist telling me to run but I stood still. My ears were still ringing and I was trying to see so I could have a better understanding of what was happening since I didn't see the sparks from the 'fireworks'.

They shot us again and I heard Shinso scream. That's when I finally realized what was happening or at least got an idea of what was going on. I turned around and started running while holding his hand for dear life. I didn't turn the corner to go back the way we came, instead I went straight. I heard more of the painful pops and felt like someone pinched the arm I was holding Shinso's hand with. I ignored the feeling and ran as fast as I could down the hall.

We ran for at least fifteen minutes before Shinso's leg gave out. I fell down with him but thought that the reason we fell was because they caught up to us. I started panicking, like as if I wasn't before, and swung my legs and arms around while letting out small yelps. Shinso ended up crawling over my body to put a hand over my mouth which only made me panic more.

"Denki," he took a deep breath, "calm down." Another breath. "If you don't," At this point I don't know how I didn't notice something was wrong. Deep Breath. "we will get caught." His breathing was so labored that it almost was as loud as my cry's and I could tell he was trying to keep them down.