Monster Under the Bed ❤️

Preview: Every child has a monster that lives under their bed. Society's coming of age ceremony is to kill that monster. The time has come for Kaminari to become an adult. Idea from @GravityMay

Ship: ShinKami

"Hey! Let me out!" I demanded while pounding on the inside of my bedroom door.

I hear the sound of retreating foot steps. No reply.

I sigh and sink down to the floor. Today's the day I turn 16 and instead of some grand birthday party or car I get locked in my room. And I won't be let out till I finish the ceremony and kill the monster under my bed.

Okay, okay, I get it. It sounds cheesy. 'The monster under your bed wOoOoOoO' but it's real. And if I don't do this I'll die. The day after I turn sixteen—tomorrow—the monster will attack me and try to kill me. It's tradition. It's also tradition for me to be sent in with a pocket knife.

I grip the blade tightly and look at the bed. I shaky breath leaves my lips. "H-Hello? Any one there?"

No reply.

"Um, I j..just want to talk."

No reply.

"Please?" I am literally begging a demon to come out a talk to me. And guess what? It works.

I hear ruffling under my bed and then see a hand. I let out a yelp but quickly quiet myself. And next thing I know a boy around my age with purple hair, two black horns, and a black pointed tail is sitting with his back to my bed.

"What?" He growls.

I gulp and tighten my grip on the blade so it can't be seen. "I-I want to talk."

He rolls his eyes unamused. "You already said that, idiot." I wince at his wording. Seeing that he's been here since I was born he knows about my insecurity. How when ever my friends came over they would call me dumb. He heard me cry myself to sleep for that very reason.

"What the fuck!?" I shout at him, my anger overflowing.

He stays calm and collected. "Calm your self. It's like you thought I was going to act a sweet and kind when your holding a knife in your hand."

My eyes widen and the knife that's been hidden in my grip falls to the floor with a thunk.

He rolls his eyes before standing up and stretching. "Humans really are dumb." He mumbles before walking around. He starts to pick up my school books and hats before tossing them on the floor.

"Hey!" I stand up and quickly take the book from his hand that he was about to throw as well. "Not cool."

"Seeing that I'm from hell I'm actually pretty hot." He snorts.

I give him a once over then nod my head. "You are."

His cheeks become a dark red that contrast well with his pale skin. "W-What?"

"You said that you are 'pretty hot' and I agreed." I shrugged.

For a second he stares at me in shock before slowly looking down then back up. A mad bush covers his cheeks. "You're not too bad yourself."

A bright smile covers my lips. "Thank you- wait, what's your name?"

He shakes his head. "Why would I give you my name when tomorrow I will be forced to kill you?"

"Because I forced to kill you today and I'll give you mine! Kaminari Denki at your service!" I do an over the top bow.

He snorts.

"Sooooo," I say after a second of silence. "Your name?"

He turns around and goes to my bed making it. So that's how it's always made when I come back from school. "Still no."

I plop down on the bed looking at his with an interrogatorily glaze. A random idea for him not telling me his name pops into my head. "Are you not telling me your name because you don't have one." Him freezing gives me all the answers I need. "Your parents never gave you a name?! What type of people were they?!"

He sighs and sits next to me. "Demons. Not people."

"Still, that's not right." I shake my head before quickly popping up and rushing to my book shelf. I pull out a Dictionary and come back to the bed. "I would look up a name online but as part of the tradition they turned off the WiFi, like what the heck! Anyways let's see what we can find..."

After several minutes of silence I finally find a name that I believe suits him. "Shisno Hitoshi! It has a weird meaning but I think it fits you!"

He arched a brow. "And that meaning is?"

"Shisno means truth and I think it matches you since your a no bullshit type of guy. And Hitoshi means equality because, well, I think it's unfair that humans and demons aren't treated equally..." I trail off at the end.

Ps I used google translate so I could be totally wrong.

He looks away from me and I frown. Did I really mess up so bad that he can't even look at me?

"Thank you." He sniffs at the end and I jump up.

"Holy crap! Are you okay?!" I grab his shoulder to force him to look at me. He's crying wile maintaining a small smile on his face.

He quickly wipes the tears away along with his smile. "I'm fine. I'm just not use to someone doing something like that for me." I frown.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Why would you?"

We stay silent letting the words resonate with us. He comes from a place where everyone is told the worst and I'm from a place where everyone is told the best. Maybe talking to each other will help bring some positivity into his life and help me be more careful.

A knock comes from the door interrupting our silence. "Denki sweetie? Did you do it?"

Me and Shinso look at each other fearfully before an idea pops in my head. I look over at the door. "Yeah mom! I did!"

When I look back I see him hold a look of understanding. He stands up and I do as well. I hold up my comforter so he can crawl under my bed. Once he's under I send him a warm smile.

"See you tomorrow!" I whisper.

He send me a small smile. "See you tomorrow."

And I let go of the blanket.