Meet Up

June 13, 2020
Dear Diary,

Janelle has been weird lately. She's been texting me a lot about how our friendship faded a lot in the past few months and how she's so sorry she let it happen. She says she knows it her fault and she thinks it was because of Brianna.

This is really weird, we haven't texted a lot in the past few weeks but ever since they broke up she's been messaging me a ton and trying to rebuild our relationship.

Both she and Brianna are doing fine after they broke up. Brianna and I have talked once or twice since then (we never talked much anyway) and she seems fine. Based on her social media she's hanging out with friends and still happy.

Janelle said they agreed to still be friends. Apparently their short lived relationship was just a glorified friendship and they both knew it. They really clicked this fall during volleyball season and became really good friends. They thought they were romantically attracted to each other and it turns out they never were.

Janelle claims when you're one of the few lesbians in high school and a bi girl starts flirting with you, it's really easy to convince yourself you're in love. 

That's odd considering I'm bi and I've definitely done my fair share of flirting with her.

Either way, Janelle wants me to meet up with her tomorrow at the park. She says there's more she has to tell me. She also says she wants her best friend back.

I'm so happy.