Ch 46 🍏

Once Chad leaves the room Worth smiles at me

Once Chad leaves the room Worth smiles at me. "Thank you for doing this for Chad."

"Hey I need his help and I will gladly pay to make this happen," I said.

He stands up and walks over to me. "You are so sexy in business mode. I want to go with you and Chad." He said.

"Well come with us. I'm sure Dustin and Emerson will watch the ranch plus your pops is here." I said.

"True True." He smiles. "Ok, let's go so we can go see Daniel. Have you told Aunt Shelly yet?" He asked.

"Oh my god, I forgot! I'll call her tonight. I want to show Daniel all the baby pics Derrick sent me. I thought he might like that." I smile.

"I think you are right so let's go." He grabs my hand and we walk downstairs. He peeks his head into the kitchen to tell them we were headed over to Daniels for a bit.

"Ok, sweetie you be careful," Josie said.

Worth laughs as he lifts me into the truck. "Buckle up little girl." He kisses my cheek and shuts the door.

"Little girl? Pfft, little girl nothing." I laugh and smack his arm.

"You ready to see Daniel?" Worth asks.

"I am Worth. I really like him and Nancy and I hope I am all he expects but it makes me nervous." I said.

"Holls he likes you just the way you are. He's so excited to get to be a dad again. Losing Kevin was so hard on them." He said.

"I really hope we can make a relationship out of this," I said.

"I know you can sweetheart. Look there he is on the porch." He said.

Worth walks around and lifts me out of the truck. "Hey, kids! Daniel smiles. "It's nice to see you guys."

"We wanted to come back and visit before Holland leaves tomorrow." Worth said.

"I'm so glad you did." Daniel patted the seat beside him for me to join him in the swing.

"I brought some pictures over for you to see when I was little. My brother sent them all to me last night and I thought you may want to see." I said.

Daniel has tears in his eyes. "Let me see my beautiful little girl."

I hand him my phone. "I haven't told my Aunt Shelly yet but I plan to tonight."

"Look how beautiful you are." He smiles down at the picture. "You favor Kevin. Worth will you grab Nance out of the kitchen. I want her to see these."

Worth walks into the house and Daniel turns to me. "I'm really happy you are here. You have no idea. Can you email these to me?"

"Sure I would love to. I told Worth I want a picture of us together if you don't mind." I said.

Worth walks back out with a smiling Nancy. "Worth can you take our picture?"I ask.

"Sure! Then Nancy wants to see the pictures." Worth said.

I hand the phone back to Worth and he takes the picture and then shows Nancy the pictures.

"Wow, Holland you look so much like our Kevin when you were little," Nancy said.

"I would love to see some pictures of him," I said.

"Let me go get the album." Nancy gets up and heads inside.

Nancy walks back out with a red velvet photo album. "Here doll have a look at your half brother's life."

I take the album and rub the front of it and tear up. "I wish I would have gotten to know him." I bite my lip to keep from crying. The first picture I see is a baby pic and it's like staring at my own face.

"Wow! I see the resemblance as babies. Worth look." I smile.

"Wow, that crazy! You have to show Derrick." Worth said.

"Do you guys mind if I facetime my brother?" I ask.

"Go ahead we would love to see him again," Daniel said.

📞Hey Derrick! I'm here with Daniel and Nancy and Worth. I wanted to thank you for the pics.

📞Hey sis! Your welcome! Hey everyone!

📞Thank you for the pics, Derrick. We hope to meet you soon.

📞So the reason I called is I want you to see something.

I hold up my baby pic beside of Kevins.

📞Holy crap! You did look like your brother.

📞I know right? Ok, I just wanted to show you. I'll cya tomorrow ok?

📞Alright. Bye, everyone! Love you Holls.

📞Love you too Bye!

"Well, I'll say it again he's a nice young man," Nancy said.

"Oh, don't let him hear that." I laugh.

"What did you say he does dear?" Nancy asked.

"He's a lawyer and he works for me and helps me with contracts and stuff," I said.

"Oh, that's wonderful that you are so close." Nancy smiles.

Worth chimes in. "Holland has done well for herself. You should see how she treats her staff and people that work for her or at her apartment. She's so good to everyone. Her penthouse is amazing! Here look at these pics. It's a view from the living room and the room I stayed in."

I smile... "I do love my view." Winking at Worth.

"Oh wow look at these Dan! It's gorgeous!" Nancy said.

"You guys will have to come to visit sometime. Umm... Is it ok if I go to Kevin's grave and take some flowers?" I ask.

"Oh dear, that would be lovely." Nancy smiles.

"Worth knows what graveyard he is in. It would be nice of you to go." Daniel said.

"So I'm going back home in the morning and Worth may go with me but I'll be back soon and we can get together," I said.

"Sounds good!" Daniel smiles. "Worth you have been enjoying New York haven't you?"

"Not so much New York has just been with Holland." He winks at me.

"Here is my phone number." I pull out a business card from my purse. "You can call me day or night if you need anything. Here is my work number as well."

"I'll make sure and give you a call." I stand and so does Worth and Daniel abruptly stands.

"Is it ok if I hug you Holland?" Daniel asks.

"Of course it is." I smile at my new found father.

We hug and he kisses me on the cheek. "Hope to see you guys soon." He said.

I hug Nancy and we walk back to the truck. Worth picks me up and me in.

"Can we go by a nearby florist and buy some flowers for Kevin's grave? Id like to go there before we return to the ranch if you don't mind." I ask.

"Anything you want sweetheart." He said smiling over at me.