Ch 62 🍏

One month later

One month later...

Its been rough living day to day without Worth around but we have managed to make it work. That day I left him in the jet I cried all the way back to the house.

I have been extremely busy and trying to prepare for the big reveal of my skincare line. Sidney has been helping me left and right getting everything just right.

We rented a building downtown and I have planned to fly all the Mavericks out along with Aunt Shelly and Daniel and Nancy. I want all of them to share my special launch with.

Plus Chad and Emerson don't know I'm going to try and make connections for them as well.

The intercom beeps: "Holls you have a visitor in the hallway."

"Who is it, Sid?" I ask.

"James," Sid said.

"Send him in my office please," I said.

James walks in and stands at the door.

"Hi, James have a seat. What can I help you with?" I said.

"Umm, I was wondering if you would like to have dinner with me tonight?" He said.

"Umm well..." Before I could finish he continued.

"I haven't seen that guy with you in a while and thought maybe you weren't together anymore." He said.

"Oh sorry you got the wrong idea but we are still together. He doesn't live around here that's why you haven't seen him."

"Oh, I didn't know. But we can still have dinner right?" He smiles.

"I'm sorry but no we can't. I'm prepping for my new launch that's coming out soon and plus I don't think Worth would appreciate me going out to dinner with a guy." I said.

"Well, at least I tried and umm good luck on your launch. I need to get back downstairs." He said.

"Thanks for coming up James. Cya!"

Once he is out the door I lay my head on my desk and roll it back and forth and laugh.  Sid walks in the door and begins to giggle. "What did he want?" She said.

"Oh my god, he asked me out because he hasn't seen my guy in a while and thought we broke up," I said.

"I almost told him you weren't here but I was afraid he would see you in the elevator or something." Sid laughs.

"It's ok I let him down easily and then he ran out of the door." I laugh.

"That's hilarious but on a serious note, we have everything to go this weekend for the launch. You have your dress and everything?"

"I have another fitting and then it should be done. I was going to do that today after I leave here." I said.

"When is Aunt Shelly getting here? She going to be riding with Worth and them?" Sidney asked.

"I think that would be easier and she will get to meet Daniel and Nancy I'm just excited about everything." I smile.

"I'm excited about it too and to meet everyone!" Are you bringing Will with you to the premiere?"

"Maybe so." She smiles.

"Oooh, I can wait to meet him." I smile at her.

"Ok, I gotta get going so that I can get that last fitting, and I'm heading to the house to relax or try and then talk to Worth."

I pack up my things and head out the door and into the elevator. I say bye to Travis and head out to my car. I open my door and throw my purse and briefcase inside and go to sit down in the car when someone grabs my arm.

I turn around and jerk my arm back to look up into Adams's face. "What the hell Adam. What do you want now?" I ask.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you or anything I just wanted to talk to you. Will you go out to dinner with me tonight?" He said.

"No, I will not go out to dinner with you. What do you want I have somewhere to be." I said.

"Well I haven't seen your guy around and I was wondering if I had a chance." He said twisting his fingers.

"No, you don't have a chance. You never will again and I am still with Worth and going strong but if I wasn't I still wouldn't pick you. Do you remember what you did to me??" I shout.

"I made a mistake Holly. I don't know what I was thinking of having an affair on you." He drops his head.

"You didn't just cheat on me Adam you cheated on me with a man! That cut me so deep that I wasn't good enough for you that you needed a man. Thankfully Worth has shown me that I have qualities that are loveable and I am worth loving." I said.

"I'm sorry Holly that's all I can say. I won't bother you anymore and I'll let you be happy."

"Thank you that's all I ask! I am happier than I have ever been and I just want you to move on and figure out who you are Adam. Now please step back I have somewhere to be." I said jumping in my car and locking my door.

What is it today with guys wanting to have dinner with me when the one I want to have dinner with is many miles a while?

After my fitting, I head to the penthouse and order some Chinese and put on a movie and eat waiting to talk to Worth.

📞Hey, Sweetheart hows it going?

📞You sure are a sight for sore eyes.

📞Why do you say that? What happened today?

📞Two names... Adam and James. They both approached me today wanting to go on a date and Adam and all his bs again about wanting me back and James well he thought we had broken up since he hasn't seen you around.

📞Wow, people want you bad huh? I'm glad that you didn't go out with either of them. I wouldn't have been too happy with that.

📞I would never give either the time of day believe me. On another note Worth, I'm so excited to see you guys in one day!

📞I'm so ready and everyone is excited to come to New York. So what's the plan?

📞The jet is going to pick Aunt Shelly up and then stop by and pick up you guys and Daniel and Nancy and bring you all to me.

📞I can't wait to hold you Holls. I have missed you so badly even though I just saw you last weekend.

📞I know I miss you too. I cant wait to see you and have everyone together. Even Sid is bringing her man so I get to meet him.

📞Oh finally huh? Maybe it's getting serious. What's his name again?

📞Will and I think he is from Texas but I don't know what part.

📞Oh, kewl. Well sweetheart I gotta get in bed I got an extra early morning we are trying to get stuff done so we can be away for a few days. A good friend is going to take care of the ranch.

📞I'm glad your friend is going to help you out I feel bad that you all have to leave but I'm happy and excited. Maybe Clara can make us a good meal.

📞I see how you are you just want to use me for Clara haha.

📞Oh yeah and not your hot body. Goodnight Worth I love you.

📞I love you too very much Holls. I'll see you in a day.

I smile down at my phone and get up and head upstairs to bed. I can't wait to get my hands on him.