Ch 50 🍏

Seemed like forever had passed when Dr

Seemed like forever had passed when Dr. Green stepped into the waiting room. He walks over to where I was sitting. "Mr. Maverick your fiance is going to be just fine." He smiled.

"It took a while to stop the bleeding but she will recover nicely. She's down in recovery for the next hour and then we will bring her back up to her room." He said.

"Thank you for everything, Dr. Green," I said shaking his hand.

"Son, did you forget to tell us that you were engaged?" Jack asks.

"No." I laugh... "Umm, they wouldn't let Emerson and I go in the room if I didn't say she was my fiance and him her brother."

"Oh, I see. Well for a second I was about to get mad." Jack laughed.

I smile at my pops. "I wouldn't do you like that."

Pops pats me on the back. "I know son I was just messing. I'm glad she's going to be ok."

"I know but until I see her I'm not so sure. I need to text everyone to let them know." I said pulling Holland's phone out to group text Derrick, Sidney, and Aunt Shelly.

📱Hollands Dr. just came out and talked to us. She is doing great and is in recovery right now for the next hour. Once I see her I will update you guys.

📱Aunt Shelly: I'm so glad my babydoll is ok. Thank you, Worth!

📱Sidney: Thanks Worth! Now I can finally breathe.😀

📱Derrick: Man, I am so happy. Thanks for the update and give her a kiss for me when you see her.

📱I will guys! I'll update you later.

It wasn't five minutes later until they are rolling Holland back into her room. "Right now just the fiance follow us please," The nurse said.

I turn and smile at my family and then follow the nurse into the room.

"Now she's going to continue to be drowsy and very sore. Just push that call button if she needs anything ok? And she's not to get up right now. We will bring her a tray of food in a bit if she feels like eating." The nurse said.

"Thank you so much," I said walking over to the side of the bed and lace my fingers through hers. "I love you so much Holland."

She opens her drowsy eyes. "I love you too Worth and I want to have your babies." she giggles.

"We can talk about that later." I laugh.

She closes her eyes and goes back to sleep. Gradually different family members walk in to see Holland. Daniel seems to be the most torn up about her in the bed. He was quiet and didn't say much.

A little while later Holland opened her eyes. She looks around the room at everyone and then smiles at me.

"Hey!" She smiled.