seven. [m.g.c]

I felt nice and warm when holding Casey's hand, it felt like it belonged there, that it was destined to fit with hers.

As we began to journey into town, we walked in a comfortable silence. That's when you realise you have a connection with someone, it can be on a plutonic or romantic level, but once you can be with that person for a length of time in a silence which is comfortable and doesn't seem forced, that's when there is something special between you.

The only people I had ever felt that connection with was the boys, but even then there tended to be little, if any, silence. But this was different, just to be in her presence, to be with her on or own was something I had longed for for a while now.

As we reached the city centre we decided to go in a few shops, looking at clothes, shoes, games, CD's DVD's, anything we could really see.
After about an hour, we found a quiet little cafe on the corner of Victoria Street.

"Come on, let's get a coffee" I smiled opening the door for her.

"Only if you buy me a doughnut" she giggled.

"I'll buy you two if you like" I laughed back. I motioned for her to find a table while I ordered the drinks.

I came over to the table, with two caramel lattes and four doughnuts.
"I thought you were joking" she said motioning towards the two doughnuts.

"Just shut up and enjoy them" I smiled. After taking a few drinks, eating the pastries and a bit of light conversation, we could see the cafe getting quieter.

"I've missed you" I said to her, looking into her eyes.

I saw her smile and her eyes light up, "I've missed you too Michael"

And I couldn't resist, I brushed my hand against her face, tucking it on her cheek and behind her ear, cupping her face lightly and I kissed her. She kissed back immediately and I could feel her smile, there was no tension or hesitation. Just her and I, enjoying this moment of pure bliss.

"You seem to always kiss me by surprise" she stated with a smile as we pulled away.

"You seem to always enjoy it" I winked and she playfully hit my arm, and then she pulled me in and kissed me again.

"Come on then red head, we need to head back" she smiled as she stood up from the table, holding her hand out for me to take into my own.

I smiled, feeling that warm sensation in my stomach, and I knew exactly what it was.
It was love.