Chapter 1

"Mom... Dad... Please don't leave me... Ma..." King cried at his parents while getting off the stake from his mother's chest. "mommy..." He continually cried.

It was his 8th birthday when he went downstairs to the dining room and found out that his parents were stabbed by the stake at their hearts. He saw the hunters leaving their mansion screaming in happiness because they taught they killed the last family of vampire but they didn't know that the firstborn son of the third generation of vampires was in his room.

That happened 10 years ago.

"King! Happiest birthday, buddy!" Bohn, King's best friend also the head hazer of the Engineering faculty surprised him from the back.

"Thanks, man." King smiled and went to his reading.

"Awe. Why so sad?" Bohn sat beside him.

"Nothing. Just thinking about our exam."

"Maaaan, don't worry about that. I know you're gonna rank at the top anyway. Ai! Boss and the others are waiting at the cafeteria. Let's go." Bohn stood up and waited for King while he is packing his things.

Bohn and King walked to the cafeteria to get some lunch. While walking, Boss waved his hands at the two boys.

"Happy birthday to the Mighty King!" Boss greeted King and gave him a hug.

"Bro, that's so gay!"Bohn chuckled.

"What? This is the sign of my love, you know." Boss' rolled his eyes at Bohn.

As the boys are teasing each other, Bohn decided to have a meeting with his gang about the freshmen engineering students. He decided to give the freshmen three weeks of initiation because it is part of welcoming the freshmen on their faculty.

"Damn! I haven't finished my assignments yet. Like how can we finish these 20 pages in a week?!" Mek complained at his gang while scanning through his notes.

"Uh! Same here. My brain's not working while reading those. I can't believe that I become more stupid about this subject." Boss' added.

While Mek and Boss are whining on their works, Bohn and King are having their lunch peacefully.

After an hour, the bell rang which is time for the freshmen to meet their seniors. The freshmen gathered at the auditorium and line themselves as the seniors and the head hazer walked in front of them giving them a cold look.

"Listen up! This is your first day as a freshman on this faculty. As the head hazer, I am giving you a task. It's quite easy but doesn't be too confident. Because each day, the task that I am giving you is getting rough and rough until you all give up! But this first task is, I want you all to approach your seniors, ask for their signature as well. You have a week to collect your seniors' names. The one who got fewer signs, be ready on the consequences." Bohn gave the freshmen an instruction about their initiation and leave the auditorium together with the other seniors.

As they leave, The gang decided to stay at the gear ground while King decided to go to the library. King loves reading books, especially about plants. He loves taking care of it and also talking to them as if it's gonna talk back at him. He went to the aisle where the Botany & Plant Sciences section is.

While King scanned the books that he is going to read, he noticed a gap between it. He sneaked through the gap and looked at the other side. King spotted a tall, tattooed mix-blood guy. He noticed that the boy is in the same faculty with him because of the gear logo that sewed on his necktie.

"Hmm, freshmen." King talked to his head.

King picked the book that he chose and decided to go to the other aisle where the boy is standing.

"Freshmen, eh?" King started a conversation while looking at the bookshelves.

The boy just looked at him and turn his attention to the book that he is reading.

"You're mixed? I can tell. Based on your appearance. Let me guess. Half-German? Oh no. Wait... Half-Italian." King kept guessing on the boy's nationality but the boy's still kept on avoiding him.

"Do you even understand what I'm saying? Hello? What's your name? Bonjour? Konichiwa? Hola?" King is trying to get the boy's attention but it doesn't work. It's like he is talking to a plant with a human structure.

While he is doing it so, King noticed that the boy is reading the same book as him. The book with a venus fly trap cover is his favorite because it's all about learning new species.

"Oii! Do you also like to read that? That is my favorite! Here! Let me recommend some books like that." King handed two books to the boy. The boy just looked at him and nodded.

King was about to pick some books but his phone rang. Bohn is calling.

"Ah, Shia! Where are you? Mr. Thanapon is going to give us a quiz! Damn! I haven't even studied his topic last night." Bohn said on the other line.

"I'm on my way," King replied and hang up.

King puts his phone back to his pocket and suddenly turned around to the boy when they bumped into each other. King doesn't know that the boy is closer to him when he is on the phone. The books carried by the freshman student fell down together with his pens and notebook. King kneeled down to get the books and the boy did the same.

As King stacked the books, he was about to get the notebook when the boy also pick it up. Instead of picking up the notebook, the boy's hand ended up laying in King's hand.

A moment of silence between them. King slowly looked at the boy's eyes when he caught him looking back at him.