Chapter 3

"Ai King!! Help me!! I'm in danger! AAACCKKKKKK!! NOOOO!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!" Boss screamed in pain on the other line.

"Where are you!?" King pulled the brake of his car and turned around to the place where Boss' told him where he is.

"Hurry please! They abducted me, King! I'm here at the rooftop of the grand palace. Please help me" Boss cried.

"I'll be there," King replied and hurriedly drove to the grand palace. As soon as he arrived, he ran immediately to the rooftop.

The rooftop was dark and no sign of Boss. King looked around maybe the abductor hid Boss somewhere when the lights went on.

"SURPRISE MIGHTY KING!!" King's engineering friends and classmates greeted him in surprise. He remembered that it's still his birthday.

The engineering students sang happy birthday to King while Phu's holding the cake towards King. As the song finished, King closed his eyes and wished. He then blew the candles.

His gang ran towards King and gave him hugs and gifts. Bohn, Tee, Mek, and Boss laughed because they let King believed by the act of Boss.

"I'm so sorry, buddy. We have to. Hahahaha Please forgive us" Bohn laughed and he hugged King.

"Are you really sure that engineering is what you want? Maybe you're destined to be an actor." King said to Boss.

"I'm sorry. It's Bohn's plan. But it's really worth it. Let's just enjoy the night." Boss said and ran to the juniors.

They started the party with loud music and drinks. Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic drinks. Good thing they don't have a class tomorrow morning but in the afternoon. They don't want to go to class wasted or having a hangover after a memorable night.

King's friends kept partying and drinking hard drinks while King sat in the corner. He remembers what happened to him 10 years ago. The wound is still fresh and every time he remembers it, he feels like it just happened seconds ago.

"Happy birthday, P' King." King looked upward to the person who greeted him and handed him the gift. It is Ram.

"Ai Ning. You're here too." King said. He then takes the gift that Ram gave him. "Thank you but you didn't have to do this" King said.

Ram sat beside King and started to drink.

"Ai Ning. What are you doing? You have a class tomorrow. You can't drink." King grabbed the bottle of beer from Ram.

Ram shakes his head and grabbed back the bottle of beer.

"Stubborn kid" King rolled his eyes.

"I'm not. I just want to forget things." Ram said.

King looked at Ram in confusion.

"Are you talking to me?" King is making sure that Ram is really talking to him.

"Do I look like I'm talking to someone rather than you?" Ram looked at King.

"Are you trying to annoy me?" King gave Ram a palm face.

"Are you trying to annoy me?" Ram copies.

"Did you just copy me?"

"I love you, P' King."

"I love --" Ram stops realizing the words his about to say.

"Or do you actually love me, Ai Ning." King chuckled and shakes his head. He stood up and said, "I'm going to my friends. Thanks for the gift."

King smiled and was about to leave when Ram grabbed his wrist.

"FUCK!" King screams in pain. Ram let go and everybody stops doing their thing because King's scream caught their attention.

King massaged his wrist and realized that everybody is looking at them. Bohn ran towards him.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Bohn checked at King's wrist. "Come here." Bohn grabs King to the restroom where they both can be alone and no one can see or hear them.

"What?" Bohn asked King again.

"It's... I don't know. I feel like something burnt my wrist or what." King tries to explain to Bohn while holding his wrist.

"You feel like something burnt you? Like you got stung?" Bohn said.

"Yes, Bohn" King nodded.

"Yeah, you really stung by something. Look." Bohn grabs King's wrist and points where the red mark is. King's eyes widened. "Now tell me, how did you get this?" Bohn asked again.

"When Ram sat beside me, I smell something. Something that I don't like. Something that I'm allergic to that's why I'm about to leave him. But when I stood up, he grabbed my wrist. He grabbed me using his right hand where he had this ring. A ring that's really familiar. A ring that is vervain." King explained to Bohn.

"A fucking what!?" Bohn can't believe what he just heard. He punched the mirror and it led him to bleed. Bohn washed his fist covered in blood in the sink and act as nothing happened.

"So Ram knew that we're immortals?" Bohn asked.