Prologue

Namjoon was walking in the busy playground of his new school. This is the fifth time he had changed schools. Sighing, he dully looked onto the playground, observing the hustle and bustle. Children were playing, laughing; having fun. 

Namjoon remembered his mom when he saw smiles all around. He missed her beautiful smile and her warm hugs which Namjoon loved a lot. Lost in thought, Namjoon didn't notice someone coming up to him. He felt a slight tap on his shoulder. Startled, Namjoon turned around to find his brother, Kim Taehyung.

"Hyung?"

"Mm?"

"Hyung, are you okay?"

Namjoon cocked his head towards his brother and smiled. "What makes you think that, Tae?"

"You seemed lost in thoughts. Hobi Hyung asked me to check on you."

Namjoon's two deep dimples were showing. "Tell Hobi everything's fine."

Taehyung replied with his cheeky box grin and ran back to Hoseok and when he reached him Namjoon saw Hoseok smiling back at him.

Jung Hoseok was in fact the Kim brothers' adoptive brother. Namjoon's and Taehyung's parents died when they were little and so the Jung family- one of the richest families in South Korea- were kind enough to adopt them. Due to business activities, they moved very frequently, so the children had to change schools often. Namjoon and Taehyung were very grateful to the Jung family and never forgot where they came from or who their real parents were. Namjoon still remembered witnessing his parents' accident, a horrific memory that will be etched in his mind forever. Taehyung didn't remember much, but he knew he had kind and beautiful parents.

When Mr and Mrs Jung told their only son Hoseok that they were adopting two children, he was so excited to meet his new family and didn't sleep for days, waiting to meet them.

On the day Namjoon and Taehyung came home, Mr and Mrs Jung called out for Hoseok. The Kim brothers watched the giddy boy and waited for the parents to introduce them. 

"Hobi, meet Kim Namjoon and Kim Taehyung."

Hoseok looked at them up and down. His eyes lit up and gave them a huge blinding smile.

"Hi! I'm Jung Hoseok and I'm your new brother!"

Scared by Hoseok's sudden action, Taehyung hid behind Namjoon. Namjoon mustered up his courage and replied, "Hi Hoseok-ssi, I'm Namjoon. Nice to meet you."

"Pfft! Call me Hobi. We're the same age, you know?"

Namjoon smiled, showing his two deep dimples. Namjoon noticed that Taehyung was still behind him.

"Yah! Taehyung! Say hi to Hobi!"

Taehyung slowly peeked out and with his big doe eyes, he looked up at Hoseok. Hoseok looked back at him with his wide smile. 

"Joonie Hyung?' He looked at his brother. 

Namjoon hugged his little brother. "Tae, you can do this."

Taehyung nodded and extended a hand to Hoseok. "Hi, I'm-"

Taehyung was engulfed by Hoseok's tight embrace. When he pulled him back, Tae smiled and looked back at Namjoon. "Hyung, I like him already."

The three became so close that nothing could separate them. Namjoon and Taehyung never felt lonely or inferior. Hosoek's parents always treated them all equally. Hoseok felt jealous sometimes, but his love for them was definitely more than his jealousy.