20

Taehyung yawned for probably the fiftieth time during class. He sighed at how tired he felt in his favourite class. His very curious mind loved humanities, no doubt, but the never-ending works and impossible deadlines resulted in barely any sleep at all.

Taehyung had been really excited to make new friends and memories at college since he watched an unhealthy amount of college dramas and films but he definitely should've known better than to trust the flawless actors with their flawless scripts.

College itself wasn't that bad. It was just the constant pressure of work and the rest of the problem lied within his roommates. His roommates were just extremely noisy. They were either constantly fighting or playing loud music. Taehyung blamed the universe for setting him up with a madhouse.

Taehyung, unlike the others who were forced to learn something that they obviously didn't love, loved studying. He had always been curious about the world- its different countries, different cultures and its diverse people. But now, his curiosity was getting shadowed by his desperation to sleep.

He tried his best to concentrate on whatever the professor up front was blabbering about but his heavy eyelids filled with tears from sleep didn't allow him to do so. He brushed his tears from his cheek and rested his head on the desk.

Taehyung adjusted his face to the side and glanced outside. The soft, cool breeze slowly drifted from the window and blew Taehyung's stray hairs off his face. Taehyung involuntarily closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. The next time he opened his eyes, he saw a vague figure standing at the window.

Taehyung sat up and rubbed his eyes. He squinted his eyes towards the figure's back and deciphered the person as a boy. He wore a black leather jacket matched with black skinny jeans. He wore converse shoes and his watch glinted in the sunlight. He noticed that his brown hair slowly danced in the breeze. He had been tightly hugging his books and his head looked in various directions of the campus. Taehyung assumed he might be lost.

His curiosity crept up his spine and he tried staring hard at the boy's head, hoping that he could send some invisible, powerful waves to make him turn around and Taehyung could finally get a glimpse of his face. He didn't know why he was so determined to know even though he knew staring at his head wouldn't do anything except probably give him watery eyes, but he that felt even if he blinked once, he would disappear from his sight.

Fortunately for Taehyung and his almost red eyes, the boy did turn around. Taehyung first noticed his golden rimmed glasses hanging loosely from his nose. The boy quickly pushed them back and Taehyung noticed his large, brown doe eyes behind his glasses, glancing down at his watch. His pink lips immediately curved into a frown as he ran his fingers through his hair. Taehyung felt the need to help him but he couldn't just walk out in the middle of a lecture to help a stranger he met just a few seconds ago.

Correction: He saw just a few seconds ago.

Before Taehyung could miss the chance of getting to know more about him, he elbowed his friend next to him and whispered, "Hey, Youngjae."

Youngjae slowly directed his attention from the professor to Taehyung. "Mm?"

"You know everyone, don't you?"

Youngjae shrugged, "Yeah, I guess."

Taehyung made sure the boy wasn't looking in his direction and then he pointed towards him. "Do you know who that is?"

Youngjae observed the boy for a while and stroked his chin. After a few moments of contemplating he shook his head, "Nope, never seen him. Probably a freshman."

Taehyung nodded and glanced back at the window. Much to his horror, the boy unexpectedly looked up and matched Taehyung's gaze. Taehyung swiftly averted his eyes and directed his attention towards the front of the room.