17

Jungkook was lost in deep thought. He scratched his hair and tapped his pen on his worksheet. Suddenly, he heard the doorknob turn and the front door slowly creak open. He turned his chair to face the door.

"Appa!" He exclaimed and longingly asked, "Can you help me with this problem?" He noticed Jackson's tired-looking face and slumped shoulders. But he also noticed that his face lit up when he saw him and his lips curved up to a huge grin.

Jackson had a long day at work, but he could never refuse to spend time with Jungkook. He noticed Jungkook's books sprawled across his desk, his messed up hair and he was twirling a pen in his fingers whose cap had been thoroughly chewed by his bunny teeth.

Jackson laughed, "Appa? Since when do you call me appa?"

Jungkook cheekily grinned, "Since now."

Jackson stroke his chin and thought. "Please call me Hyung, Kooks. Appa makes me feel old."

Jungkook whined, "But you are old.."

Jackson began to walk away, "Okay, I'm definitely not going to help you with your homework."

Jungkook got up and grabbed Jackson's jacket before he could run and escape his grip.

"Okay, okay! You're not old. You're very young! Younger than me, even!"

Jackson's eyes crinkled as he laughed, "Nope, still not convinced."

Jungkook whined loudly. "But I'm supposed to finish my homework for tomorrow. I don't want to get punished.." He looked up, widened his large eyes and pouted. "Please?"

Jackson cringed and sighed, "Ugh, okay." He bent down to pinch his nose. "Only because you're so cute."

Jungkook smiled victoriously, "I know I am."

Laughing, Jackson went over to take a peek over his work, but he was disturbed by the doorbell.

Jackson turned around and raised an eyebrow, "I wonder who that is."

Jungkook shrugged. Jackson opened the door to find Chaeyoung. She smiled, "Hi, Inspector Wang."

Jackson looked confused, "Inspector Park?"

"Chaeyoung noona!" Jungkook giddily got up from his chair and ran towards the door. He quickly hugged her.

She chuckled as she ruffled his soft, brown hair. "Hi, Kookie."

Jackson still looked confused, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh," She dug into her purse and pulled out a phone. "You left your phone at the office." She handed it to him, "So, I thought to drop by to give you two a visit."

Jackson sheepishly smiled, "Thank you." He took his phone from her and for a brief moment, he felt his fingertips touch hers. He quickly retracted and before he could see Chaeyoung's face, he quickly looked down at his feet.

Chaeyoung smiled awkwardly and tucked her hair behind her ears, "So, I guess, I'd better get-"

Jackson refused to look up, "Yeah, okay."

Chaeyoung sighed and began to walk away. Jungkook had his arms crossed while he was observing the two. He clicked his tongue and shook his head very disappointedly. He dramatically held the bridge of his nose and sighed over and over until they noticed him.

Jackson and Chaeyoung looked at him strangely, "What?"

Jungkook put his hands on his hips. "What is wrong with you two?"

"Excuse me?"

"You both are utterly blind. Here, let me do the talking. I'll be appa and noona will be noona."