21

Taehyung's breath hitched in his throat. The Jeon Jungkook he had been crushing on for over a month was Jin's stepbrother.

Taehyung couldn't believe it. He had been hanging out with Jungkook for such a short time, but it felt much longer than that. He skipped a few classes here and there, but then he started hanging out with Jungkook after his classes ended once Jungkook realized that he had been skipping classes for him.

Taehyung quickly calculated in his head if Jungkook would be related to him in any way. Their group had a lot of confusing relationships, it was hard to keep track of them. Namjoon is his brother and if things were going good as expected, then Jin would soon be his brother-in-law. So Jungkook being Jin's stepbrother would mean Jungkook would be his brother-in-law, in a way. He wasn't so sure anymore.

Wait, did Jungkook know about this? Probably not, Taehyung thought. He would've told him earlier then, right? Right.

Letting out a sigh of relief, he looked up to find Jackson, Namjoon and Jin staring back at him with curious eyes. He furrowed his brows and asked, "Why are you all staring at me like that?"

Jin dramatically huffed, "I don't know, I just realized I have a freaking stepbrother and you both go to the same college and you seemed to know him. No big deal, right? Definitely not a reason to be weirdly staring at you."

Namjoon quickly got behind his boyfriend and massaged his shoulders, "Calm down love. We'll figure this out." He turned towards Jackson and Chaeyoung, "Why don't you both come in and elaborate? We're really confused."

Jackson nodded as he took off his shoes, "Yeah, I understand. I'll explain everything."

"Wait, wait. Does this Minho have any more children? Hyung has any other stepbrothers we don't know about?"

Hoseok punched Yoongi on the shoulder and shot him a glare. Yoongi shrugged as he explained, "What? I wanted to be sure."

Jin had his lips pursed the whole time. He clenched Namjoon's hand and Namjoon soothingly rubbed his knuckles. Though Jin didn't want to cry in front of everyone, it seemed to get harder and harder as the story passed on. He clenched his teeth to prevent his tears at the brink of his waterline from falling.

Chaeyoung shook her head,  "To our knowledge, no. He had mentioned only about his one child in his suicide letter."

Namjoon glanced at Jin and hesitantly turned towards Jackson, "What did he say about him?"

Jin bit his lip to prevent it from trembling. Namjoon sensed the elder's sudden peak in tension and scooted closer towards him. He wrapped his one hand around Jin's waist and his other hand still held Jin's whose knuckles were now almost white.

Jackson tried to remember. After a few moments, he recalled, "He said that he regretted not seeing his first child and that he did so because he was cowardly and selfish."

A swirl of emotions was forming in Jin's heart, so powerful, so overwhelming that Jin felt that if he moved an inch, his heart would explode. It was filled with hate and anger towards his own father, for not being with his mother when she needed him the most, for not even attending the birth of his first child, for not attending her funeral and for not being there for him when he needed him the most.