How To Fix A Drug Scandal

"Good morning, beautiful." Shawn stepped up onto the rooftop where Camila was sipping her morning coffee and enjoying the view of the city.

"Good morning," she giggled as she turned her head toward him. He came up and sat down on the cement beside her, leaning over to give her a quick peck on the lips as he did so.

"So, I was thinking...I want to go on a date with you," Shawn said confidently. Camila smiled and laid her head on his shoulder.

"I'd love to go on a date with you." Her acceptance made Shawn smile.

"Oh, and um...also...I mean, this is kind of weird because I've never really done this before  but I realized we didn't actually define anything during our conversation last night—"

"Shawn," Camila cut him off, noticing his nervous ramblings. "Just say it, it's okay." He took a deep breath and looked up at her.

"Are...are you my girlfriend?"

"I don't know, would you like me to be your girlfriend?" Camila asked with a slight chuckle.

"I mean, yeah...? Sorry, I already suck at this." Camila giggled and leaned in to meet his lips in a sweet kiss, her small hand softly cupping his cheek.

"I would love to be your girlfriend," she reassured him. He sighed and looked down to his lap.

"I don't really know what I'm doing. I've never been a boyfriend before, what if I'm not good at it? I want to be a good partner to you but I don't know what that even means. What if I'm not enough for you?"

"You're overthinking it," she said plainly. "You've been the perfect partner for a while now, it was just on a more platonic level. The Shawn you've been is still the Shawn I want. As long as we continue to openly and honestly communicate with one another I think we'll be just fine." Shawn took a calming breath and nodded.

"I'm going to head to the gym and then I'll be performing at the coffee shop for the rest of the afternoon. So...would 6 o'clock tonight work for you?" Camila smiled and couldn't help but lean in to steal another quick kiss.

"6 o'clock sounds perfect."

"Well then it's a date!" Shawn said excitedly. He leaned in and kissed her one last time before reluctantly standing up. "I've gotta head out but I'll see you later, okay?"

"Okay." Camila blew him a kiss as he walked over to the ladder and began to make his descent.

——

It was 5:59 when Camila heard a knock on her door. She excitedly ran over to the door and opened it, knowing exactly who would be on the other side. Her already goofy smile only grew wider when she saw the bouquet of sunflowers in his hand.

"You got me sunflowers?" she asked sweetly.

"Oh! Yeah...they had roses but I felt like that was kind of cliché. And the sunflowers automatically reminded me of you, so I felt like it was a sign or something." He handed the flowers to her as she moved to the side of the doorway so he could step inside.

"Sunflowers are my favorite." He internally patted himself on the back as she fetched a vase for the flowers. "You look so handsome, by the way. You clean up well."

"Thanks, so do you. You look...ethereal." His choice of wording caught her off guard in the best way possible. Just being around him made her feel more confident. Even in her most disheveled state he would still look at her as if she was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. "Ready to go?" He asked, offering his hand out to her. She nodded and laced her fingers in with his as they walked out of their apartment building together.