Valentine's Day

"Good morning, my angel..." Camila woke up to the sound of her love's voice being cooed in her ear as soft kisses peppered her sleeping face. She smiled when she groggily opened her eyes to see a plate of fresh pancakes in one of his hands and a vase full of roses in the other. "Happy Valentine's Day!" he cheered as he set the vase on the nightstand next to her side of the bed.

"You made me pancakes?"

"Well I know they're your favorite so I figured I'd start the day out right." Camila smiled at him before leaning in and pressing a quick peck to his lips. "Speaking of...we have quite the agenda for today."

"Oh we do, do we?"

"We do," he said with a proud grin. "Not to brag, but I think I pretty much nailed my first Valentine's Day celebration."

"Well I know one thing for sure," Camila said as she stuffed a piece of syrupy pancake into her mouth. "You definitely nailed these pancakes."

"When do I not?" he said cockily. "Really though, once you're done with your breakfast hop in the shower and get ready. I'd like to be at our first destination around 11."

"Are you really gonna make me shower all by myself on Valentine's Day?" Just as she asked the question, Quinn woke up and began to fuss.

"I'm not, but she is." Camila sighed while Shawn just chuckled. "Finish your breakfast and get ready. I'll get the princess fed and pack the things she'll need while she's at your parent's house." He gave her a quick kiss on the tip of the nose before standing up and getting Quinn from her nursery. After breakfast and her shower, Camila quickly realized she had no idea what kind of attire she would need to wear for whatever adventure Shawn had planned for the day. Still wrapped in only her towel, she stepped out into the living room where Shawn was packing their daughter's diaper bag.

"Why hello there," Shawn said with wide eyes as he scanned her body as she held only a small white towel against herself.

"Stop ogling! I know that everything is supposed to be a surprise, but can you at least tell me what I should wear?" Shawn smirked and bit his lip, thinking for a bit before answering her question.

"You should wear that dress you bought while we were out last weekend. That looked really good on you."

"Okay," Camila said sweetly. Those simple moments where Shawn proved that he was paying attention to her and that he really cared about her meant more to Camila than he could ever know. With Zachary, he would've never paid attention enough to know that she had bought a new dress the weekend before. Even if he were right there while she was trying it on, he'd likely be unable to lift his eyes from his phone long enough to admire her new outfit. Camila hated comparing them like this but she couldn't help it; she wasn't used to being loved the way Shawn loved her. Shawn paid attention to her, he remembered even the littlest things about her. Camila left her hair down in her natural curls. After applying a light layer of makeup, she stepped into the ivory sundress and added a few of her favorite pieces of jewelry.

 After applying a light layer of makeup, she stepped into the ivory sundress and added a few of her favorite pieces of jewelry