Tranquil Brothers#3

Arjun

I don't speak much. But when I do, people couldn't.

Arjun knew that being the best learner and the best student can earn him glory. There was no competition. He never believed in that, he just had to be the best.
He wasn't the eldest. So he won't be a king ever.
He is not Bheem, so he won't ever be the noticeable one in the crowd of normal heighted people. His body doesn't show extreme strength.
He was not those twin brothers of his, whose both parents had died, and now will be pestered like anything.

So what he has to do? Build name. Build talent.

As a child, his lanky appearance bothered him, until he knew that practicing archery day and night shall make his arms muscular. That fighting beautifully with a sword and mace shall tighten his chest and abdomen.

That one day, he would be the most beautiful, in his own sense.

And then there was a time- when nobody could be on par with him. The hollow talks of the king of Anga never bothered him. What bothered him a tad bit was Eklavya. The boy, who might have been..... So each day he compensated his fear. He stretched himself a mile extra to cover any doubt.

The Panchal Princess- clad in finery, had her maiden garland around his neck. Her fierce eyes were his alone in those initial moments of companionship.

He had looked at her and promised-
Nobody could take your place.
When we would mark this journey together- we will end it together at the abode of yam.
And all these coming years you shall be mine and mine....

The last promise however was- again- broken.

And he was as usual- Tranquil.

He did look at her, but in tranquility.
He did gaze at her with love and love alone- but in Tranquility.
He loved everybody- but never showed.

Maybe Krishna's Gita was the only ultimate truth and answer he had awaited.
Maybe, Tranquility - the mystic soberness was his first and last companion all this way.