Elysian

Draupadi could remember her inexplicable behaviour as a newlywed wife and the maiden Queen of the young Palace of Inderprasth. 

At that point, the undisputable mystery of her life was Yudhitir. The man who moved around in the court like a cool breeze of air, surrounding her in his aura- was omnipresent. He was everywhere. 

His face resembled a poker. At night, his ritual was simple. He would invest a glance at her confused face, would pass a smile- which made her feel silly of every god-damn thing she ever did. And then, as royally as possible- a 'Good night' will make way through his throat, before swishing off the flickering diya across his side of the bed- to welcome the darkness and his sleep.
Draupadi would stand at her place, all rooted. But then something constantly moved inside her- 'What was he waiting for? A striptease?' She couldn't even chuckle at her thoughts.

Give everything to your husband. He shall create the women you shall cherish.
As the elders remarked, or maybe Drauapadi sighed.

His proximity burnt her. When she sat across him in the court, on the throne- their brushing arms made her blush. She would move around, running errands- fetching to her work, and he would stand and stare. And then Draupadi got all that was going on- 'he wanted her to surrender first. The tease was going to go on for really long.'

A lily, a rose, a dandelion.
 Some eucalyptus and pine.
Milk and jaggery on the skin,
If all that shall be fine?

Poetry.  as she laughed at it.

That night, it felt different. Draupadi wasn't going to stand. That day Yudhitir would not reach his bed before her. 'Wait Arya!' She mumbled, but Yudhitir was a statue to her command. She looked at him. And for a second she felt her knees go weak. She slowly and steadily tried moving her hands across his neck. And then she lost it, 'Pardon me!' She closed her eyes. 

She was young, naive and helpless.
And he smiled again. But for a different occasion.

'That's what I wanted.' Yudhitir's whisper spread deep over her body. She shivered and looked up to his oval face which looked like her love- her fantasy.

That it has always been about consent first.

 Elysian- the word which defined the eldest Pandav. 
Divine, peaceful and perfect.

-----

Fin.