Squad Duet: Zila and Auri (For the Dancing and the Dreaming)

Accompanying Song: For the Dancing and the Dreaming (From "How to Train your Dragon 2") by Lizz Robinett. *found once again on Spotify*

Premise: So Zila and Auri might have had a small disagreement. And Zila still looks kind of mad/upset. So when everyone's hanging out after dinner, Auri pulls up some sheet music that Kal can use to follow along on his Siif (once again, strings?? :p ) It's a duet that she and Zila had been working on before their argument, and Auri hopes to use it to help her apologise to Zila and show her that she cares and is wanting to be friends again. (I know, a lot to put into a song with a decided lack of communication on Auri's part. I never said Terrans were smart!)

*Kal strums gently on his Siif, which actually kind of sounds like a mystical alien instrument in this one?? Meh, it works.*

Auri, looking at Zila:

I'll swim and sail on savage seas

With ne'er a fear of drowning.

And gladly ride the waves of life,

*puts her hand to her heart, the other outstretched dramatically to Zila. She looks up over the rim of her uniglass*

If you would marry me.

*Zila raises one eyebrow*

*Auri continues, a little more dramatic in her gestures and fake swooning now*

No scorching sun nor freezing cold

Will stop me on my journey

If you would promise me your heart

*Auri goes for it and kneels in front of Zila like a pretend proposal*

And love me for eternity? *bats her eyelashes*

*Zila takes a moment, her face unreadable, but eventually begins, faster and with a grin*

Zila: (with Auri chiming in for harmonies)

My Dearest one, my darling dear, 

Your mighty words astound me.

But I've no need of mighty deeds

When I feel your arms around me.

*Auri shifts back into standing, hands folded over her heart as if she's been wounded*

Auri:

But I would bring you rings of gold!

I'd even sing you poetry.

And I would keep you from all harm

*brief duet*

If you would stay beside me.

Zila, grinning but mocking disdain:

I have no use for rings of gold,

I care not for your poetry.

I only want your hand to hold

*both grinning now, holding both hands and dancing in a circle*

I only want you near me!

*dances around the room together for the lalalas, everyone is smiling and some are clapping in time. If Cat was here in your headcannon, Scarlett would DEFINITELY pull her in to dance along. Kal is jamming out on that Siif and having a great time*

Both out of breath, they sing together even faster for the last verse:

To love and kiss, to sweetly hold

For the dancing and the dreaming

Through all life's sorrows and delights

I'll keep your love inside me.

I'll swim and sail on savage seas

With ne'er a fear of drowning

And gladly ride the waves of life

*they stop dancing to sing the last notes*

If you would marry meeee!