Mastering His Domain

Gary stared at the wooden shack as he pressed the back of his head against the tree he was sitting by.

The hair atop the creature reached out on its own, coated in sparking, blue electricity, and connected with Melissa's face.

She screamed at the top of her lungs as her body was lit by the blue lightning, and her body jumped.

"MELISSAAAAAAA!!" Gary exploded, and charged in a rage.

The hair harming Melissa rose from her face and rested against the creature's like normal hair.

Melissa hit the ground and didn't move.

Gary could still see the being in his mind, but he couldn't comprehend what it was.

Hair from its head covered the being's face, reaching down its back. It was hunched over, on top of a screaming Melissa. A lot of its pitch black body had hair in varying degrees. The arms seemed to have a light spread while her thicker legs, which were around Melissa, were essentially furry, but with what resembled human hair.

Gary hadn't gotten the chance to really take in the details of the thing while he was freaking out. It appeared to be nude, like a human woman, Gary dwelled in his head. But there was nothing human about that face.

"MELISSAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Gary leaped at the thing still on top of his sister, but he instantly regretted it as it turned to face him. "OOOOOOOHHH!!!" He had never seen anything so ugly in his life!!

What Gary could recall of the thing's face, he saw only a monster. The huge lips that seemed closed, yet curled back. The cheekbones extended outward. And the eyes... The eyes were just impossible! The periorbital area around the eyes, normally touching the eyeballs in any other species imaginable, were instead spaced apart! Only the top and bottom of the eyeballs seemed to meet with the skin on the face. The sides of the eyes did not. Instead, there was dark space between the skin and eyes in that area. Specifically, dark, rectangular space. It was as if someone took out a normal human's eyes, cut the circular hole into a rectangle instead, and placed the eyes back in! Even further, the black pupils of the being were mostly all that could be seen in the eyes, a purple iris only barely visible around it at the very tips.

What Gary had seen just didn't make any sense.

Including finding his sister.

"We were just trying to save the poor girl," the Team Solace member had claimed.

Save her? From what? What was the thing that they were trying to save her from? Gary thought. That everyone keeps referring to as female. His eyes remained on the shack.

Inside were June, the Trick Master, and a Prof. Cozmo and his parents.

Last night, when the Trick Master had taken them to the house and they were greeted by Prof. Cozmo and his mom and dad, they were invited inside while the police were called.

Gary refused the hospitality and stayed outside, sitting amongst the frozen snow. He stayed there the entire time, before the police arrived, during their investigation, cooperated with their questioning, and remained after they had gone, not sleeping until sometime late in the morning.

The afternoon sky now was dreary gray, lifeless, and the air still yet cool.

The front door of the little wooden house opened and, wearing green khakis and black boots, a black vest over a green T-shirt, Prof. Cozmo appeared. The old man walked over, moving briskly with his brown wooden cane, and came to a stop in front of Gary.