The Closing Ceremonies: The Takeover

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the final match of this year's Pokemon League competition!!" the announcer began, his voice clear through the speakers.

The stands were stuffed beyond any other time during the Pokemon League, the crowd's cheering an uncontrolled roar of joy and hyperactive energy.

June, Raichu, Gary, Robin, and Aly stood next to each other, excitedly screaming with everyone else.

"This has been a long time coming!" the announcer continued. "We've seen some of the most fantastic, overheated battles ever; and now, we are here together at the finale! The best two Pokemon Trainers of this competition will be battling here today, having overcome incredible opponents and close matches, now facing off to prove who indeed is the most powerful Trainer here! Watch closely, fans, for the winner of this match may very well turn out to be the future Pokemon Champion of the Kanto region! After winning in the Pokemon League, the winner will be permitted to officially challenge the Elite Four of Kanto! Should that Trainer be so lucky as to defeat those four Pokemon Masters, they will be granted permission to officially challenge Kanto's Champion and battle for that very title!!"

The crowd exploded at these words.

Gary smiled broadly, but this faded as he stared down at his phone.

An image of a smiling blonde man in a blue suit had a wink and a raised thumb. Above him were the words: When you're a Pokemon Professor and the ten year old chooses the worst Starter but you have to keep things professional.

Gary smirked a little and turned the phone off before slipping it in his pocket, squinting at the currently empty battlefield as the sun beamed high above. It was too hot and beautiful out for even his light jacket. He had on a red T-shirt, thin gray jeans, and black sneakers. That guy's annoying, Gary complained to himself.

"Is that Scientist Gary again?" June asked, a sympathetic smile on her face.

Gary rolled his eyes.

"Another meme, huh?"

Gary sighed. "I mean, they're kind of funny I guess, but geez! How many can you send me? This is the tenth one in the last two hours!"

"Did he ask if you've seen that Kangaskhan theory video again?"

"And now, without further ado, we introduce you to our finalists!" the announcer started to everyone's pleasure.

A Trainer from the far end of the stadium stepped into the sun wearing a button up, black blouse over a black skirt that stopped at her knees. Her feet were in black, high heels, her black hair atop her head in a bun. A large jewel sat in the middle. She stepped up to her place on the field, smiling as she stared straight ahead.

"And entering the field is the Green Trainer, Teacher Layla, from Ha... Damn it... Sorry, Hau'...oli? City, in the Alola region! I love it there!" the announcer laughed.

Everyone showed massive, loud support.

"Way to butcher that up," Gary shook his head while Robin was laughing.

Another Trainer entered from the other end of the field, wearing white sneakers and blue shorts with a collared, white shirt. He smiled, stopping and staring at the teacher.

"And here is the Red Trainer, Mario Fore, from Twinleaf Town in the Sinnoh region!" the announcer's voice echoed as further applause came for Mario.

"Good luck to both of our Trainers!" the announcer said as mostly everyone took their seats. "This promises to be the match to watch!"

The referee stood with both flags in the air. "Trainers! You may now begin the battle!"

Mario brushed through his thick, wavy brown hair. He then scooped up a Poke Ball and sent out what was within, hurling it into the air.