A Sketchy Situation

"Absol, Swords Dance, now!"

"Absoooool!" she howled and raised her head as her eyes glowed light-blue.

Several light-blue swords appeared in a circle around her body and spun like a merry-go-round. The swords then stopped and pointed, end first, at Absol before vanishing. A red burst came from under Absol, a lighter shade of red aura rising up her body.

"Attack is boosted!" Gary noted, smiling.

"Gotta catch us to hit us! Flame Charge!" June ordered.

Blitzle stomped in place repeatedly until fire surrounded his body. "Blllllllitlze!" Blitzle charged at Absol, slamming into her headfirst.

A flash of white light appeared for a second where Absol was hit. "Aaaaab!" Absol didn't budge from the Critical Hit. She forced her head forward, shoving Blitzle away from her but shook her head hard after. Her leering eyes watched Blitzle as he flew back and dropped.

"Blitzle!" June called.

Blitzle let out a noise and sniffled, getting back up. He managed a smile.

"Great job! Now let's do that one more time!"

"Bllllllitzle!" Blitzle stomped his feet again, moving a lot quicker than before.

"Night Slash, now!" Let's see, Gary thought.

Absol lunged forward, her horn glowing purple, and slashed at Blitzle.

Blitzle screamed from the hit and rolled back. He groaned on his side.

"So fast! Even after Flame Charge?" June gasped.

"I was wondering," Gary boasted, grinning smugly.

June stuck out her tongue, smiling. "You ready, Blitzle?"

Blitzle was struggling to stand but managed to do it. He pawed his right front hoof into the sand repeatedly, glaring at Absol.

"So it's just naturally a lot faster," June nodded. "Then let's do Agility!" She wore a confident grin.

Blitzle ran forward, darting from side to side.

Gary watched, his eyebrows narrowing. Wait... he thought.

"You can do it, Blitzle!" June urged.

Blitzle continued running, his face in a rage as he struggled to go faster.

"Night Slash again!" Gary told his Pokemon.

Absol's horn glowed purple again and it stomped ahead, running for the darting Blitzle.

Blitzle growled, maneuvering around.

Absol let out a powerful snarl and slashed towards Blitzle.

Blitzle let out a pained cry and tumbled again, laying on his side.

"Blitzle, no!" June let out. She brushed one side of her hair back with one hand.

"Absol!" Absol stood strong after her move, staring down at Blitzle.

Blitzle's closed eyes tightened. He squinted at Absol and then closed his eyes once again.

"He's still up! Another Night Slash should do it! Go in this time!" Gary demanded.

Absol's horn glowed purple, but she didn't move, looking down upon the still Blitzle.

Blitzle's eyes opened. He was now staring directly at Absol from the ground.

Not one order was given, the silence consuming the field.

"Blitzllllle..." Blitzle groaned and then let out his breath, closing his eyes.