No Party Hats Allowed

"It's our belief that this thing may be a never before seen creature. Possibly even a Pokemon," the Trick Master spoke. "Until I know if she is a Pokemon or some other kind of monster, I can't quite choose how to move forward with her. That is why I need your help; as a Pokemon Trainer."

Gary stared at the Master Ball that rested on the large wooden table in Prof. Cozmo's home.

"I've been trying to track her down for only but a few days, admittedly. Me not being an actual Pokemon Trainer, I'm not qualified to stop her if she is indeed a Pokemon. If she's not... well, I guess I'm not much better qualified either way!" He laughed a high pitched, squeaky sound.

"I've not seen the thing myself, but based on what's been told to me, I'd like to believe you both encountered a Pokemon, because to say otherwise would be unheard of," Prof. Cozmo stated. "It seems to have attacks, can fly by some means. To be anything but a Pokemon would be the start of a mass panic throughout the world! Something like this just can't get out there. But if this thing is already attacking people..."

"It's only a matter of time..." the Trick Master picked up.

The two men stared at each other in silence, sitting across from each other at the table with Gary.

"This is quite terrible," Prof. Cozmo's mother spoke up, setting down her cup of tea, sitting next to her son. She wore a white skirt with a black blouse tucked in.

Prof. Cozmo's dad stood near her in brown pants and a tucked in, black button up shirt, a light brown jacket around it. He bent over to kiss the top of her head. "It'll be alright, honey."

Mrs. Cozmo smiled up at her husband, and he adjusted his glasses that matched his son's, returning the loving gesture to his wife.

Prof. Cozmo turned abruptly to watch them, a huge smile on his own face, and he sighed happily.

"Well, I'm no Pokemon Trainer anymore," Gary said. "I've said this already. I've no interest in getting killed trying to solve your mysteries. I won't tell anyone about what I saw, but I'm not sticking around here, either."

"I told you, I won't stop you again," the Trick Master nodded. "I just wanted you to fully understand the situation."

"I don't want to understand it," Gary said moodily, and he stood up. "I don't want to learn anything about any of this. The professor has a Pokemon. Let him find a few random kids to go on a journey for him because he's too old. I stopped that game already. Use June. I don't care. I'm gone." He walked away from them all.

"I don't think I could do that if I wanted to," June mumbled. "I don't think I could get within ten feet of that thing without my head exploding."

Even Gary stopped as everyone paid attention to her.

"What do you mean by that?" the Trick Master asked her.

"I heard..." June closed her eyes tight, tilting her head back. "I..." She swallowed hard.

Gary turned to watch her.

"That... That thing spoke... And I couldn't understand it for the life of me."

"Understand? Understand it speaking?" Prof. Cozmo questioned.

His parents were watching him, and they both turned to each other before returning to June.

"I can understand the language of Pokemon," June explained. "And they can understand me back."

At this reveal, the Trick Master leaned over the table, wide eyes on June.

At the same time, Prof. Cozmo adjusted his glasses as he stared at her in shock. "Excuse me?"

As if coming out of a trance, June opened her eyes and lowered her head so she was gazing at the table. "I know it sounds crazy, but I've always had this power to since I was really little."